Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Lets Talk Tires (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3623)

Soulowd 02-08-2014 11:42 PM

Lets Talk Tires

Alright Fellas I need opinions on the best tires for Street/Strip every day type of use. When I had my 04' Cobra I had Nitto 555 and those were pretty good. Im prob gonna stick with 19 inch rims as well...and.......GO!

Zeek 02-08-2014 11:44 PM

Nitto Invos

downtime! 02-09-2014 12:29 AM

No such thing as a good street/strip tire. Some are better than others, but as far as actual "good" goes, simply doesn't exist (unless you daily on ET's). Street tire launches are completely do-able, but they are hard on the clutch and unless you practice every weekend, are just too hard to duplicate effectively. Buy the Racestars that Darkpony is about to list for sale and keep them for the track outings.

DirtyD 02-09-2014 01:23 AM

Get different rims. For the tire width you need, those wheels won't cut it.

Bacadiesel 02-09-2014 02:28 AM

Michelin pilot super sports !!!!!!!!!!!

Crimson600+HP 02-09-2014 03:14 AM

I wish I could swing the PSS' s, but that little extra performance isn't worth the extra money IMO. I have been looking into either the Bridgestone Pole Position S-04's or the Continental DW's in 285/35/18s for track day duty.

For whatever you end up with, swing an extra set of wheels for track day use. I run all season rated at 50k miles for DD use. No sense wasting great tires in city traffic

Soulowd 02-09-2014 05:10 AM

Good stuff! Yeah maybe someday ill be able to afford some nice dark stars with some track wheels but for now gonna have to do a combo

re-rx7 02-09-2014 11:13 AM

DD race car is a bad idea in general.

Soulowd 02-09-2014 11:19 AM

Not a DD I have 12 Camry for DD use. But I realistically go to the track maybe a handful of times a year. Just need a well rounded tire

re-rx7 02-09-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulowd (Post 63913)
Not a DD I have 12 Camry for DD use. But I realistically go to the track maybe a handful of times a year. Just need a well rounded tire

Sorry, I was talking to crimson600+. I like bridgestone and nitto is a tough tire to beat, especially if your just getting started. Work on your technique and lines before buying a truly outrageous priced set of tires.

Soulowd 02-09-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 63914)
Sorry, I was talking to crimson600+. I like bridgestone and nitto is a tough tire to beat, especially if your just getting started. Work on your technique and lines before buying a truly outrageous priced set of tires.

Yeah there are some expensive tires out there for sure. I want some vossen rims but those retarded expensive too.

Soulowd 02-09-2014 11:31 AM

Any one tried the Kumho Ecsta's?

Crimson600+HP 02-09-2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 63914)

I don't everyday drive my car. I refer to DD whenever i drive my car on the street.I usually show it off like once a week when weather favors me driving it. I have raced in rain/wet conditions before and know the limits of my driving ability. For people who like to HPDE, dob t shy away from a wet track. You will learn more about your car there than anywhere else.

Soulowd 02-09-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP (Post 63920)
I don't everyday drive my car. I refer to DD whenever i drive my car on the street.I usually show it off like once a week when weather favors me driving it. I have raced in rain/wet conditions before and know the limits of my driving ability. For people who like to HPDE, dob t shy away from a wet track. You will learn more about your car there than anywhere else.

you know the old saying, "Drive it like you stole it" :)

re-rx7 02-09-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulowd (Post 63915)
Yeah there are some expensive tires out there for sure. I want some vossen rims but those retarded expensive too.

Good wheels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulowd (Post 63916)
Any one tried the Kumho Ecsta's?

HAd them on my 7. Not a bad tire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP (Post 63920)

I learned in the Mtns about driving. Grew up in the eastern part of OK near Talimena Dr.