Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Interior/Exterior (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Wrapping my 5.0 showing before and after pics. Enjoy! (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4595)

rriddle3 10-04-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper (Post 75253)
Not quite. We took a shelby snake and fitted it on and also moved it down to take up the whole side rocker. No other car has this decal. The closest I'm going to get to a CJ is the intake and cams I'm putting on in the future. Oh and there isn't "COBRA JET" on the sides...

OK, but it is still a CJ image. Here are some pics:
[URL="https://www.google.com/search?q=mustang+cobra+jet&client=tablet-android-lenovo&hl=en-US&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=G4owVOzvEJaqyASbgo KICw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=800"[/URL]

Reaper 10-04-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rriddle3 (Post 75257)
OK, but it is still a CJ image. Here are some pics:
[URL="https://www.google.com/search?q=mustang+cobra+jet&client=tablet-android-lenovo&hl=en-US&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=G4owVOzvEJaqyASbgo KICw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=800"[/URL]

I think he used the CJ surround not sure. But nothing else.
EDIT: Actually no he started from scratch. Also noticed the tips on the back don't match up to the original either, the belly curves at the bottom and the eyes are completely different from the cobra jet. I think if i was trying to make my car a cobra jet i would of changed my 5.0 badges, my decklid emblem, use the cobra jet logo, install the cobra jet quarter window panels, put an off center strip down the center of the car and not have done many of the exterior mods i've done. Thats only if i was… not really the case here though.

I love how it came out though. Very stealthy just how i imagined. Will post better pics sometime this month. Thanks for the compliments guys.

NAVAG 10-05-2014 11:29 AM

I like it.

Monolith 10-06-2014 09:33 AM

I'm curious how it will hold up...I had a friend wrap his bike and he regretted it a few months later because a rock chip opened a spot on the wrap and then it just peeled back away from it in the wind...that was a few years back and wrap has come a long way since then...so hoping it holds up better...

Regardless...it does look awesome!

Reaper 10-06-2014 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 75288)
I'm curious how it will hold up...I had a friend wrap his bike and he regretted it a few months later because a rock chip opened a spot on the wrap and then it just peeled back away from it in the wind...that was a few years back and wrap has come a long way since then...so hoping it holds up better...

Regardless...it does look awesome!

You and me both. Lol Felt like pretty durable stuff though. The rocks would have to go through it first to hit the paint. I know it comes with a warranty but can't remember how long at the moment. Otherwise you would have to pay to get that section re wrapped. Thinking about getting a bra for longer trips.

EDIT: Just ordered a Colgan bra for longer trips. Cant be too safe!

NAVAG 10-06-2014 11:33 PM

63K miles in 2 years. I have little rock chips all over my hood.

Reaper 10-07-2014 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAVAG (Post 75308)
63K miles in 2 years. I have little rock chips all over my hood.

I ordered my colgan bra from autoanything.com and used this 16% coupon FRMTUNDRA16 if you're interested.

NAVAG 10-07-2014 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper (Post 75312)
I ordered my colgan bra from autoanything.com and used this 16% coupon FRMTUNDRA16 if you're interested.

I'll check it out. They arent all that noticable except to me. To me they look hideous. What I should do is save a couple grand and buy a beater to do all my daily driving with. That will help with the rock chips and milage.

Reaper 10-07-2014 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAVAG (Post 75338)
I'll check it out. They arent all that noticable except to me. To me they look hideous. What I should do is save a couple grand and buy a beater to do all my daily driving with. That will help with the rock chips and milage.

LOL! That's exactly what I'm trying to do... My biggest fear is hail damage...

Clrd2lnd 10-08-2014 10:56 AM

I haven’t had a bra on a car since my 1986 firebird formula! I don’t think I have ever seen a coyote with one on.

Reaper 10-08-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clrd2lnd (Post 75349)
I haven’t had a bra on a car since my 1986 firebird formula! I don’t think I have ever seen a coyote with one on.

I'll post a pic for u when I get in in a few weeks. I'm only going to put it on if I hit the highway. Always big trucks flinging rocks. Otherwise it's staying off.

NAVAG 10-09-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clrd2lnd (Post 75349)

I had a bra on my 88 5.0 back in the 90's. I passed on buying a beater last year because I love driving this car so much. But I do drive 100 miles a day so the rock chips concern me as well as the value because at this rate I'll have 150K on it when I finally decide to buy a new one. All the mods I put on have added great gas mileage...except for the cat deletes - mainly because I get on it more now.

My Bro-in-law is sending me some samples of some of his vinyl and I'm leaning toward letting him wrap the hood and the roof just to help protect them a little. It's the premium textured carbon fiber stuff. All it will cost me is the materials and some coldies.

Monolith 10-09-2014 07:26 PM

They make clear invisible bra's now...come stock on higher end cars...

Reaper 10-09-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 75378)
They make clear invisible bra's now...come stock on higher end cars...

Yeah I've seen people get their whole car done in this.

NAVAG 10-10-2014 12:46 PM

Invisible bra would have been a good idea when the car was new.