Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Introduction (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New..Very new... :( Pics of 5.0 and previous car. (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2149)

GunsUp 07-07-2013 08:45 PM

Welcome. Didn't wanna pull the trigger on the comp orange boss that was next to it eh?

Special K 07-07-2013 09:41 PM

Welcome :)

Blackout 07-07-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubnium (Post 38942)
Thanks again everybody for the welcomes! It has been only 5 days with the new Mustang but I have to say..it is by far the most fun I ever had in a car. (coming from a 250whp v6) lololololol :everything:

Musta have been a full bolt-on and tune to get to those 250whp
I'm guessing it also wasent an HR? just a rev-up

Dubnium 07-08-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackout (Post 39027)
Musta have been a full bolt-on and tune to get to those 250whp
I'm guessing it also wasent an HR? just a rev-up

hahaha... You're right about that... Full breather mods and a jotech tune. DE Non Rev up. 5AT.

Dubnium 07-08-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 38990)
Welcome. Didn't wanna pull the trigger on the comp orange boss that was next to it eh?

nope... that was a little too much for me.

Dubnium 07-08-2013 02:21 AM

I'm pretty much at lost but kinda getting it..someone guide me to somewhere! so I will start here. I need to know If the airraid intake that is on the car is on par as in is it a good intake?

the car has a kooks axel back exhaust system..I like the finish look of it and want to pair it up something like this (http://www.americanmuscle.com/heartt...pe-1112gt.html) then again.. I wonder what you guys suggest for the best results on breather mods ( Being loud and drony is not an issue for me but Rasp is)

what are good brands for cat-less options? will I need non-foulers to fool the computer so it doesn't throw a SES light?

Will headers do anything? From my previous knowledge, headers on my Z caused it to lose power.

how do I figure out my rear gearing? 3.50? 3.77?

DirtyD 07-08-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubnium (Post 39034)
I'm pretty much at lost but kinda getting it..someone guide me to somewhere! so I will start here. I need to know If the airraid intake that is on the car is on par as in is it a good intake?

The coldair intake mod is a highly debatable topic, so let's just say "to each their own" on this. Some people will say it's better than stock, some will say it's not. Without a tune though, an intake isn't really worth much. And for me, living in Texas with an open air filter under the engine, isn't exactly doing anything for IATs.

Quote:

...the car has a kooks axel back exhaust system..I like the finish look of it and want to pair it up something like this (http://www.americanmuscle.com/heartt...pe-1112gt.html) then again.. I wonder what you guys suggest for the best results on breather mods ( Being loud and drony is not an issue for me but Rasp is)

Quote:

...what are good brands for cat-less options? will I need non-foulers to fool the computer so it doesn't throw a SES light?

The big power pick up from an off-road (catless) midpipe is from deleting the cats. The actual design of the pipe more or less helps to add to the exhaust note and help exhaust flow rather than anything else.

Quote:

...Will headers do anything? From my previous knowledge, headers on my Z caused it to lose power.

Headers will help a little on these car. LTs will pick up a good bit of low end TQ, but you much see a huge jump in HP like some of the older 3V cars did. If you are trying to squeeze out as much bolt-on power as you can, they are a good addition. Otherwise, they typically aren't worth the pricetag over other mods.

Quote:

how do I figure out my rear gearing? 3.50? 3.77?

Check the tag in the interior of your driver door. I don't know the exact codes that denote each gear option, but most likely the car has 3.31s.

At what RPM are you doing 70 MPH? If you are at or above 2000 RPM at 70 MPH, you have 3.55s or 3.73s. If you are below, you have 3.31s.

GunsUp 07-08-2013 09:49 AM

I sat in your car and the boss a couple of weeks ago, Looked great but sounded better!

Dubnium 07-09-2013 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 39047)
The coldair intake mod is a highly debatable topic, so let's just say "to each their own" on this. Some people will say it's better than stock, some will say it's not. Without a tune though, an intake isn't really worth much. And for me, living in Texas with an open air filter under the engine, isn't exactly doing anything for IATs.

The big power pick up from an off-road (catless) midpipe is from deleting the cats. The actual design of the pipe more or less helps to add to the exhaust note and help exhaust flow rather than anything else.

Headers will help a little on these car. LTs will pick up a good bit of low end TQ, but you much see a huge jump in HP like some of the older 3V cars did. If you are trying to squeeze out as much bolt-on power as you can, they are a good addition. Otherwise, they typically aren't worth the pricetag over other mods.

Check the tag in the interior of your driver door. I don't know the exact codes that denote each gear option, but most likely the car has 3.31s.

At what RPM are you doing 70 MPH? If you are at or above 2000 RPM at 70 MPH, you have 3.55s or 3.73s. If you are below, you have 3.31s.

Thanks for the information! I was in 6th today going at 70 mph, rpm was just right above 2,000...i'd say 2,100- 2,2000.

DirtyD 07-09-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubnium (Post 39336)
Thanks for the information! I was in 6th today going at 70 mph, rpm was just right above 2,000...i'd say 2,100- 2,2000.

Probably 3.73s then. Unless the car was ordered with 3.55s, but those aren't common in a dealer ordered car.

1ATony 07-09-2013 12:38 PM

Welcome to the site

Dubnium 07-10-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 39357)
Probably 3.73s then. Unless the car was ordered with 3.55s, but those aren't common in a dealer ordered car.

I hope they are 3.73s...Or 3.55s i'm fine with that..because it is crazy how fast this thing revs up to redline when i'm flooring it.

JDC 08-11-2013 12:37 AM

Your 5.0 looks mean compared to your old car. Welcome to the forum!