Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Pics & Video (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Mullet's 1500hp TTG (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3423)

Grandpa 01-08-2014 06:00 PM

Mullet's 1500hp TTG

I'm not sure how many of you here know Mullet, but here is a new 1320 video on one of his bad ass cars. I was at the TI event last year to see it and many others run. To say they are fast is an understatement!

blownaltered 01-08-2014 06:31 PM

That's a cool expensive car but I just don't get it. All that race is, is organized roll racing. Nobody was getting on it till damn near 3rd gear. Yes these cars are fast and cost a fortune but that isn't racing to me.

DirtyD 01-08-2014 06:32 PM

Something over 1550? :lol: More like something over 1600 or more. He tore those other Lambos a new one.

That Porsche and T/A were very impressive.

Is that Will's Viper in the credits?

Grandpa 01-08-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 60586)

Yes

03MachMe 01-08-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 60585)
That's a cool expensive car but I just don't get it. All that race is, is organized roll racing. Nobody was getting on it till damn near 3rd gear. Yes these cars are fast and cost a fortune but that isn't racing to me.

I agree.

Grandpa 01-08-2014 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 60585)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 60589)
I agree.

It's really deceiving on video and really something you need to see in person to get an idea just how fast these cars are. They are putting a lot of power down and it's not as easy as you might think. We're not talking about 600-700rw cars here, we're talking 1500hp+. This year there will be street cars north of 1700+.

It's a 60mph roll for a half mile. So by definition it's a race from point A to point B. I love this event and it's so much fun to go out and watch them put this power down running 180mph+ in such a short distance. If you haven't ridden in a 1000rw+ car before it's hard to really grasp it. It's a rush!

03MachMe 01-08-2014 07:34 PM

Eh I understand they are fast but just doesn't seem like it takes all that much skill to do it. From what I see you have to have a boat load of money to dump into a car and be able to shift when the tach is close to red line. Don't even have to learn how to launch or turn. I'm sure driving them or riding in them is a rush but just not my cup of tea

blownaltered 01-08-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 60591)
Eh I understand they are fast but just doesn't seem like it takes all that much skill to do it. From what I see you have to have a boat load of money to dump into a car and be able to shift when the tach is close to red line. Don't even have to learn how to launch or turn. I'm sure driving them or riding in them is a rush but just not my cup of tea

I agree it's a dyno race. Let's be honest, cars like boostedgt's make that kind of power and they launch the hell out of those cars on the street. Yes they are fast, but it takes no skill to do it. I'm just not impressed with it. Would it be fun to watch, yes but that's just because they are kick ass cars and I like kick ass cars.

DirtyD 01-08-2014 09:10 PM

I think Texas Mile reigns over Texas Invitational for me. At TM they are having to handle their cars for 240+ MPH over a mile.

Dan12GT 01-08-2014 09:42 PM

I agree this stuff is silly to me. Basically what it tells me these cars are WAAAAAY to powerful for the street and can only roll race from 4th gear + because otherwise they would be an out of control mess.

I second blownaltered's opinion too I think it is MUCH more impressive to see an equally as powerful car or more powerful car do it from a dig. These lambos would get destroyed by someone like BoostedGT in a drag.

Junkie 01-08-2014 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 60586)
Something over 1550? :lol: More like something over 1600 or more. He tore those other Lambos a new one.

That Porsche and T/A were very impressive.

Yes sir.

and LOL at the responses here. I guess mustang sites never change, people said the same shit years ago as well.

Being realistic, out of everyone that posted. Who has experience dig racing or roll racing 1500+ rw. How would you know what it takes and how easy it is?

My Supra makes that power, its MUCH easier to hook that car on the track, then it is at 60mph.

Junkie 01-08-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 60602)
I agree this stuff is silly to me. Basically what it tells me these cars are WAAAAAY to powerful for the street and can only roll race from 4th gear + because otherwise they would be an out of control mess.

I second blownaltered's opinion too I think it is MUCH more impressive to see an equally as powerful car or more powerful car do it from a dig. These lambos would get destroyed by someone like BoostedGT in a drag.

And Chris would get destroyed from a roll by these cars. Its just 2 different types of combo's participating in 2 different types of racing.

Thats like saying a Pro mod is going to get rocked by an Evo on a road course. It really has no relevance.

blownaltered 01-08-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 60611)
Yes sir.

and LOL at the responses here. I guess mustang sites never change, people said the same shit years ago as well.

Being realistic, out of everyone that posted. Who has experience dig racing or roll racing 1500+ rw. How would you know what it takes and how easy it is?

My Supra makes that power, its MUCH easier to hook that car on the track, then it is at 60mph.

I don't think the comments have anything to do with this being a mustang site. I think we all agree that these cars make monster power and are sweet as hell. That isn't in question, they are down right impressive. I think the issue is a roll race event which is in tern a dyno race, which has very little skill involved. I think that is what most people don't like about these events.

Dominic Toretto 01-08-2014 11:31 PM

Here's some members of this forum enjoying some non-skills racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97mNKPCpy_o

-Alex

Dominic Toretto 01-08-2014 11:33 PM

Another...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxJ0icy36mM

-Alex

blownaltered 01-08-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 60614)
Here's some members of this forum enjoying some non-skills racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97mNKPCpy_o

-Alex

Everybody on this board minus a few people roll race. I'm not saying they don't. I'm just don't understand going to a place and paying to watch roll racing. If I want to watch it I can go to plano on a Friday night and watch it for free.

JDBishopArts 01-09-2014 12:11 AM

Here's another of the same car with some skilled driving....

PS. Learn how to embed.

I think those cars are badass and I'm sure a lot of those guys know how to take turns too. I'd rather see top speed though than a roll race though.

03MachMe 01-09-2014 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 60613)
I don't think the comments have anything to do with this being a mustang site. I think we all agree that these cars make monster power and are sweet as hell. That isn't in question, they are down right impressive. I think the issue is a roll race event which is in tern a dyno race, which has very little skill involved. I think that is what most people don't like about these events.

This

Dominic Toretto 01-09-2014 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 60618)
Everybody on this board minus a few people roll race. I'm not saying they don't. I'm just don't understand going to a place and paying to watch roll racing. If I want to watch it I can go to plano on a Friday night and watch it for free.

That's like saying, if I want to go watch football I could go to the YMCA instead of going the Cowboy's stadium.

-Alex

blownaltered 01-09-2014 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 60623)
That's like saying, if I want to go watch football I could go to the YMCA instead of going the Cowboy's stadium.

-Alex

That's a bit of a stretch don't you think. I could see you comparing the races at redline to the Nhra national events. Let's get real here roll racing isn't a nationally televised event. If it wasn't for youtube 99% of the population wouldn't have ever heard of TI.

Have you ever been to a Friday night meet. There are a few cars there that go to TI and race so my comment wasn't that as far fetched as your YMCA to the cowboys comment. Seriously that was out there. Did you read that before you posted it?

downtime! 01-09-2014 12:43 AM

LOL at y'all thinking there's no skill involved in keeping a 1500 hp car under control, from a dig, a roll or any other way. Mine makes less than half that and it gets all kinds of loose when I roll race. Nothing gets the sphincter any tighter than hazing the tires at 75, 80 or even 100 mph.

Grandpa 01-09-2014 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtime! (Post 60628)
LOL at y'all thinking there's no skill involved in keeping a 1500 hp car under control, from a dig, a roll or any other way. Mine makes less than half that and it gets all kinds of loose when I roll race. Nothing gets the sphincter any tighter than hazing the tires at 75, 80 or even 100 mph.

Exactly. Anyone who says there is no skill driving a 1000rw car from a roll has never been in one to know any better. We arent talking 500rw mustangs here where you can mash it at 60mph and it just sticks. Those cars are a handful to drive and it takes much skill to drive them especially if they are rowing gears shocking the tires on every shift!

blownaltered 01-09-2014 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 60629)
Exactly. Anyone who says there is no skill driving a 1000rw car from a roll has never been in one to know any better. We arent talking 500rw mustangs here where you can mash it at 60mph and it just sticks. Those cars are a handful to drive and it takes much skill to drive them especially if they are rowing gears shocking the tires on every shift!

Sorry I can't listen to you on this since you are a 1000hp groupie.

Dan12GT 01-09-2014 01:50 AM

Mullet's 1500hp TTG

I didn't say it takes no skill but I defiantly insinuated it takes a hell of a lot less skill when compared to going down the strip or putting it through corners. To me this isn't even racing at all. Why the hell else would someone roll race? BECAUSE they can't do any other form of traditional racing!

Downtime your car is a beast. It's powerful and I know you can race it. That doesn't take away the fact it takes some skill to control it at any speed but it takes a hell of a lot more skill running it at the strip which I know you can agree on.

Fact of the matter is these cars are nothing but bottomless pocket fueled racers.

Dan12GT 01-09-2014 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 60629)

Shocking tires? Doubtful in their semi automatic paddle shifter granny trannys....

Dan12GT 01-09-2014 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 60612)
And Chris would get destroyed from a roll by these cars. Its just 2 different types of combo's participating in 2 different types of racing.

Thats like saying a Pro mod is going to get rocked by an Evo on a road course. It really has no relevance.

Chis's car is also a full interior mustang which is a heavy box compared to these sleek aerodynamic lambos

Junkie 01-09-2014 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 60613)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 60621)
This

When is the last time either of you hooked 1500-1800rwhp from a 60mph roll? Just curious, since its nothing more then a dyno race, you must know exactly what it takes to do it correct?

Its MUCH harder then you think, no track prep, no bias ply tires, etc..

Junkie 01-09-2014 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 60636)
Shocking tires? Doubtful in their semi automatic paddle shifter granny trannys....

^ clearly has no fucking clue what hes talking about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 60637)
Chis's car is also a full interior mustang which is a heavy box compared to these sleek aerodynamic lambos

This literally made me laugh my ass off. Do you know Chris, when is the last time you saw the car!? It hasnt been full interior/full weight in the last 5 years. Its a VERY light weight car, setup very well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 60635)
I didn't say it takes no skill but I defiantly insinuated it takes a hell of a lot less skill when compared to going down the strip or putting it through corners. To me this isn't even racing at all. Why the hell else would someone roll race? BECAUSE they can't do any other form of traditional racing!

Downtime your car is a beast. It's powerful and I know you can race it. That doesn't take away the fact it takes some skill to control it at any speed but it takes a hell of a lot more skill running it at the strip which I know you can agree on.

Fact of the matter is these cars are nothing but bottomless pocket fueled racers.

Since you are so much of an expert, you must be aware of how much EASIER it is to hook a car on the race track. With track prep, ideal conditions, slicks, etc... then it is to hook a car from a varying rolling start, on street tires with no prep.

If everyone stuck to "traditional" racing, then hardly any of the racing that we do would exist. 1/4 mile wouldn't for sure, you think every type of racing started at a drag strip or road course? LMFAO!!!!

re-rx7 01-09-2014 02:47 AM

Isn't the Lamborghini awd? They seem to hook pretty well at speed. In the end speed cost money. How fast you wanna go?

Junkie 01-09-2014 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 60641)
Isn't the Lamborghini awd? They seem to hook pretty well at speed.

Yes they are, but not all cars at TI are. Also I've personally watched the cars blow the tires off at 60 and switch lanes. This is GTR's and Lambos

re-rx7 01-09-2014 02:53 AM

I watched Thomas bounce 3lanes with that mirage lol. I was scared for him. Lol the vettes and other rwd cars get more respect from me. It seems the balls would have to be larger to put power through two vs 4. That's just me though. Im sure they could care less but just my opinion.

03MachMe 01-09-2014 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 60638)
When is the last time either of you hooked 1500-1800rwhp from a 60mph roll? Just curious, since its nothing more then a dyno race, you must know exactly what it takes to do it correct?

Its MUCH harder then you think, no track prep, no bias ply tires, etc..

Calm down big guy, I think you are missing our point. I never said this takes no skill at all. I can imagine having the back end come out from under you with that much power can be a major pucker factor, but all we are saying is this type of racing takes less skill than racing from a dig. Just like I think drag racing (esp an auto) takes less skill than any type of corner carving. I know the majority of mustang owners could care less about turns and that's why I'm in the minority here but that's fine with me. I like to see more what the driver can do than just the car itself and I think roll racing is 90% car and 10% driver.

Grandpa 01-09-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 60636)

LOL, wow. Clueless, totally clueless. 1500+ is enough to overwhelm ANY street chassis, AWD or not. In fact, having been in a 1100AWD GTR before, I can tell you its just as sketchy if not more so having FOUR tires spinning vs two having to guess where they are going. lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 60637)

LOL. You know that he doesn't even own the car anymore, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 60640)
^ clearly has no fucking clue what hes talking about.

This literally made me laugh my ass off. Do you know Chris, when is the last time you saw the car!? It hasnt been full interior/full weight in the last 5 years. Its a VERY light weight car, setup very well.

Since you are so much of an expert, you must be aware of how much EASIER it is to hook a car on the race track. With track prep, ideal conditions, slicks, etc... then it is to hook a car from a varying rolling start, on street tires with no prep.

If everyone stuck to "traditional" racing, then hardly any of the racing that we do would exist. 1/4 mile wouldn't for sure, you think every type of racing started at a drag strip or road course? LMFAO!!!!

Agree 100%

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 60642)
Yes they are, but not all cars at TI are. Also I've personally watched the cars blow the tires off at 60 and switch lanes. This is GTR's and Lambos

Last year I saw two of the UGR cars blow all four tires off at 100mph+ during test runs. The owners said "fuck that!", and had UGR's hired hand drive the car cuz it scared the shit out of them! lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 60646)
Calm down big guy, I think you are missing our point. I never said this takes no skill at all. I can imagine having the back end come out from under you with that much power can be a major pucker factor, but all we are saying is this type of racing takes less skill than racing from a dig. Just like I think drag racing (esp an auto) takes less skill than any type of corner carving. I know the majority of mustang owners could care less about turns and that's why I'm in the minority here but that's fine with me. I like to see more what the driver can do than just the car itself and I think roll racing is 90% car and 10% driver.

We'll agree to disagree. Having experienced both types of racing, I'd say you were very misinformed not having experienced one of these events.

Some of you guys are being really closed minded about this type of racing. What fun would it be if racing had just stopped at drag racing? There are MANY types of different, this is just another one and it happens to be a lot of fun! No different then 1/8th mile, 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, full mile, round tracks, road course, long runs like the Silver State Classic and so and so on. They ALL take some kind of talent and skill. To say it doesn't take a great amount of skill (and big brass balls) to drive a car that is so powerful at high speeds that's trying to come around on you the whole time and trying to kill you is complete nonsense. I love all types of racing, this is just another version of it.

Dan12GT 01-09-2014 11:04 AM

Mullet's 1500hp TTG

Eh maybe your right these cars are built for one thing. Roll racing.

Just not my cup of tea either because to me these cars are built only to go fast after they have reached a sustainable rolling speed to get traction. To me that's kinda cheating. I'd love to see one of these cars do a 1/4 in their current setup. Again though they aren't built for that....

Oh well agree to disagree

Courtesy Flush 01-09-2014 11:10 AM

I sense jealously more than anything in this thread.
All racing is the same, competition of speed in shortest amount of time to reach a specific goal.
To say one form is more or less difficult than the other is silly.

A 1500+hp car racing another is just plain cool. Great video.

Grandpa 01-09-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 60651)
Eh maybe your right these cars are built for one thing. Roll racing.

Just not my cup of tea either because to me these cars are built only to go fast after they have reached a sustainable rolling speed to get traction. To me that's kinda cheating. I'd love to see one of these cars do a 1/4 in their current setup. Again though they aren't built for that....

Oh well agree to disagree

How is that different for any other car purpose built?

Would you take a Stang meant for drag racing on the road course and expect it do well with it's loose suspension?

What about the other way around? A road course car on the drag strip with it's tight suspension?

The roll cars have to be set up properly as well to achieve their times they are trying to achieve. Reducing their times from 60-180mph while trying to win their race against another really fast car ,dialing in traction and keeping the car straight. It's no different than achieving your low ET goal at the drag strip.

Launching a car at the track is a rush. Hold the RPM's at 5500rpms, side step the clutch, get thrown back in the seat as the front of the car lifts off the ground, it's screaming, angry, fighting it to stay straight and attempting your best to lean forward to grab second against gravity. It's awesome!

It's the same thing in these high powered roll cars, just in every gear! In addition to that is an intense tunnel vision you get quickly achieving great speeds of 180-230mph cars. It's intense, gets your heart racing, blurs your senses. It's amazing!

I just don't get how you guys can't be a fan of EVERY type of racing. I love it all!

Dan12GT 01-09-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 60654)
How is that different for any other car purpose built?

Would you take a Stang meant for drag racing on the road course and expect it do well with it's loose suspension?

What about the other way around? A road course car on the drag strip with it's tight suspension?

The roll cars have to be set up properly as well to achieve their times they are trying to achieve. Reducing their times from 60-180mph while trying to win their race against another really fast car ,dialing in traction and keeping the car straight. It's no different than achieving your low ET goal at the drag strip.

Launching a car at the track is a rush. Hold the RPM's at 5500rpms, side step the clutch, get thrown back in the seat as the front of the car lifts off the ground, it's screaming, angry, fighting it to stay straight and attempting your best to lean forward to grab second against gravity. It's awesome!

It's the same thing in these high powered roll cars, just in every gear! In addition to that is an intense tunnel vision you get quickly achieving great speeds of 180-230mph cars. It's intense, gets your heart racing, blurs your senses. It's amazing!

I just don't get how you guys can't be a fan of EVERY type of racing. I love it all!

You seriously are just looking for another trolling argument. I said these cars are built for this type of racing. I'm just not really thrilled about it.

DirtyD 01-09-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 60655)
You seriously are just looking for another trolling argument. I said these cars are built for this type of racing. I'm just not really thrilled about it.

That's what he is here to do, Danny.

That's why I haven't posted again. :)

Grandpa 01-09-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 60655)

No, I'm not. I haven't made a single trolling type comment. It's a discussion, not an argument.

hatchttu 01-09-2014 11:46 AM

Pretty cool, I just want to know what these guys do for a living :) and how can I do it?