Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Anyone here tuned thru AED? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3281)

Boss949 12-21-2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 59325)
I think I've seen you driving around the Trophy Club / Roanoke area! :)

Yes, you have. I've seen you also. I live in TC.

Your car sounds great. I was at Roanoke Rd/170 when you went by.

Boss949 12-21-2013 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdanner (Post 59321)
At the TX Mile where it is all about power and there are no traction/suspension excuses, none of his cars seem to ever get it done. Even a TVS blown car he did was stuck in the mid 160s. Lund seems to be exactly the opposite, many strong cars there, year after year.

I ran The Mile for the first time. I only did 2 runs. 143 to qualify and then 152.7 later on Friday. I really didn't know I should have just kept it in 4th, etc. On my second run, it was into about 25 mph head wind and I could really tell the difference. Had to leave Friday night. I'm thinking my car can do 160 ish.??? However, I noticed your speed: 180; that's very good. You running Lund with what blower?

My son-in-law has CTS V (800+ rwhp) and he maxed out at 196 ( I think; have to verify)

ps Im also looking at VMP, Roush, etc…

Yagermeister 12-21-2013 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boss949 (Post 59382)
I ran The Mile for the first time. I only did 2 runs. 143 to qualify and then 152.7 later on Friday. I really didn't know I should have just kept it in 4th, etc. On my second run, it was into about 25 mph head wind and I could really tell the difference. Had to leave Friday night. I'm thinking my car can do 160 ish.??? However, I noticed your speed: 180; that's very good. You running Lund with what blower?

My son-in-law has CTS V (800+ rwhp) and he maxed out at 196 ( I think; have to verify)

ps Im also looking at VMP, Roush, etc…

Boss949, kdanner tunes his own car and it is a NA Boss engine with a 6R80 trans in it...no blower, no turbo, and no NOS

Boss949 12-21-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagermeister (Post 59383)
Boss949, kdanner tunes his own car and it is a NA Boss engine with a 6R80 trans in it...no blower, no turbo, and no NOS

That is impressive!!!

Yager: I've seen your Youtube also. Very impressive. Thanks for info.

Yagermeister 12-21-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boss949 (Post 59384)
That is impressive!!!

Yager: I've seen your Youtube also. Very impressive. Thanks for info.

No problem!

kdanner 12-21-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boss949 (Post 59382)

Yager already explained it pretty well. First time I ran the mile was in 2011, 160.4 with the bone stock engine, and I even had a 4.30 axle at the time. I had to borrow some taller tires to get it over 160 on my last run, and I did blow them off pretty hard so if I had more time it could have done somewhat better. Switched to a 3.31 axle and in 2012 I had the Boss engine and ran 171.5, I think I was pretty close to getting the most out of it I could at the time. 2013 I changed some things around and had the CJ manifold on the Boss engine. The 180 was a perfect run, and would be very hard for me to duplicate again. When it shifted into 4th gear right as the 1/4 mile mark went by, I knew it was going to be a good one. The car really needed a 3.15 gear in it to eliminate shifting into 5th, and it would do a bit better. The auto trans is a handicap out there, always chasing shift points in the calibration, the mile is the one place I wish I had a manual trans.

Another guy Cliff Elliot, he has been there every year I've been going, his 2011 GT/CS auto ran 144.0/169.2 this year. Fairly typical bolt on car, I know it has a Boss intake, and I think headers. Cliff and I have both outrun a lot of blown and nitrous 2011+ cars and GT500s out there.

I think the big thing is reduce drag as much as possible. Anything that sticks out on a side, or up, or hangs down underneath is just slowing the car down. I don't have any rear spoiler, no GT/CS fascia or splitters on the front end, it is just a stock GT front end. I take the mirrors off, and I cover the front end of the car in Road Wrap so no air gets through the grille or the lower opening. That's it, no tape all over the car like you'll see some doing out there. This car certainly doesn't look like it runs 180, but I spend my money making it faster, not on "look at me" crap. https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/...84948640_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/...33506649_n.jpg

Boss949 12-22-2013 12:31 AM

Kdanner,

Nice car and great times. I really like the look; simply fast.

I like your 1/4 et. What mods?

I went to The Mile for the experience of it. Not sure when I'll run it again.

Dominic Toretto 12-22-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdanner (Post 59424)
This car certainly doesn't look like it runs 180, but I spend my money making it faster, not on "look at me" crap.

HEY!! I like my look-at-me crap very much sir!

Congrats on the run, 180 is very impressive in the mile. Also very impressive you are doing that NA and whooping up on some blown cars. Always enjoyed seeing your NA setup put a hurting on the tracks. Are you using stock cams, or anything aftermarket?

-Alex

kdanner 12-22-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boss949 (Post 59433)
I like your 1/4 et. What mods?

Other than the intake and headers on the engine, it has a converter, 3.31 axle, really good suspension and tires. 3.5 years worth of refining the calibration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 59436)
Are you using stock cams, or anything aftermarket?

Stock Boss cams.

toomnymods 12-29-2013 04:13 AM

damn 180 in the mile is fuckin smokin.. I've never done the mile before so excuse my ignorance,lol Is blocking off all the air cooling the radiator safe? I imagine if you where making 700-800hp it'd probably cause the engine to blow or risk detonation? I'd like to try the texas mile eventually but doubt I'd come anywhere close to your numbers.
I'd be happy with 160 though :)

kdanner 12-29-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toomnymods (Post 59725)
damn 180 in the mile is fuckin smokin.. I've never done the mile before so excuse my ignorance,lol Is blocking off all the air cooling the radiator safe? I imagine if you where making 700-800hp it'd probably cause the engine to blow or risk detonation? I'd like to try the texas mile eventually but doubt I'd come anywhere close to your numbers.
I'd be happy with 160 though :)

There's a lot of time to wait before you run so the engine is cool. I've never seen more than 212 water temp at the end of a run.