Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Nothing aginst Bama tunes but thay suck.TS your Rock (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2105)

JesseJames5.0 06-28-2013 10:02 PM

Nothing aginst Bama tunes but thay suck.TS your Rock

So let me tell you.... I buy my 2013 gt mustang do an airraid cai,off road X Pipe and a mufler kit. I get my sct programer with 3 bama tunes. The car runs like shit I call them 10 times and all thay want to do is keep sending out the same messed up tunes... at this time my car is miss firing the check engine light is on and I had enough....I call true street thay get me right in for a new tune. Furst pull on bama tunes 353hp ok im like dam I need to mod this thing that sucks...... 3 pulls later and some hard work 405hp car runs like a champ... tim at ts will confirm the hole story TS is amazing thaey were there for me the whole way. They did not just take my money and show me to the waiting room to wait. No thay invited me in to the shop and quoted me every ridiculous mod I asked for. Mabe bama does not suck mabe TS just has it right and thay will earn my every dollar....

Sieran 06-28-2013 10:38 PM

Ugh, stop tempting me. I loved my GTI after i got my APR tune... resisting tuning this beast at all costs. It will start a snowball of mods.

JesseJames5.0 06-28-2013 11:25 PM

Even if you just do the tune it is well worth it... Ford left a lot on the table

Zeek 06-29-2013 12:59 AM

I have your setup on Bama tunes and it runs great and dynoed 410 at TS like a month ago.....Idk what's up with yours.

Pepperinyoureye 06-29-2013 01:28 AM

Idk what was messed up but I dynoed 402 to the wheels on True Streets dyno on a shitty hot/humid day with only Bama 93 tune and Air Raid intake. Now with an x pipe and new tune the car runs even better. I would recommend them to anyone. Glad your car is working out okay now but 405 is pretty damn low for those mods and having a dyno tune.

Zeek 06-29-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepperinyoureye (Post 37380)
Idk what was messed up but I dynoed 402 to the wheels on True Streets dyno on a shitty hot/humid day with only Bama 93 tune and Air Raid intake. Now with an x pipe and new tune the car runs even better. I would recommend them to anyone. Glad your car is working out okay now but 405 is pretty damn low for those mod and having a dyno tune.

Agreed tell em to turn it up!

Toby 06-29-2013 09:08 AM

Lets not forget it was over 100* in the shop that day...

re-rx7 06-29-2013 09:17 AM

I have bama tunes and the car runs great besides the a/c and trans.

Oxford14Stang 06-29-2013 09:28 AM

I have no complaints about bama, obviously they're not going to give you the best power out of your car but they get you by most of the time. Does TS give lifetime tunes like bama? ;)

JDBishopArts 06-29-2013 10:32 AM

Bama, from what I've seen makes some of the best can tunes out there but I'll say it again, NOTHING beats a custom tune. Nothing. Spend the money and do it. TS has had great tunes come out of their shop. Kevin (04Sleeper) did my custom tune on the street and I love it. Very strong.

re-rx7 06-29-2013 10:35 AM

When it comes time Im taking a drive down to lethal performance.

Zeek 06-29-2013 10:49 AM

I asked Kevin and he said he wasn't doing them for the new 5.0s :( well that was like 5 months ago maybe he's started doing em.

Rebelracer568 06-29-2013 11:59 AM

I use Bama tunes on my car. I had a few issue in using them for 2 years. Had 1 faulty tune and had to update a tune. Other than that its been great. Yes I know I'm leaving a lot on the table but will be at gear heads I few weeks getting a custom tune. Customer service from Bama been great haven't had any issues with them.

Luke 06-29-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebelracer568 (Post 37415)
I use Bama tunes on my car. I had a few issue in using them for 2 years. Had 1 faulty tune and had to update a tune. Other than that its been great. Yes I know I'm leaving a lot on the table but will be at gear heads I few weeks getting a custom tune. Customer service from Bama been great haven't had any issues with them.

What made you choose gearheads?

Oxford14Stang 06-29-2013 01:00 PM

I'll be going with gear heads as well. Travis over there knows what he is doing and have heard nothing but good stuff about him. Plenty of experience on top of that. Matt his front counter guy is great too. And their dyno pulls are only $35 lol. Overall its a very friendly environment there and even our dealership uses them