Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I miss the forums- Facebook is dumb. Bring back the old days of the forum! (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=5172)

Jtotin 05-22-2017 09:31 AM

I miss the forums- Facebook is dumb. Bring back the old days of the forum!

I miss when you could jump on the forum and be a part of a group. Not a Facebook group, but a group of members who actually gave a crap. Who used to actually build their cars and tinker with them themselves, not get mommy and daddy to give them money so they can send their mustangs off and built 500-700-1000 hp cars.

What happened?
Facebook happened, and Facebook is stupid.

In my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jucostud 05-22-2017 10:29 AM

I miss them too, but forums are dead.

Jtotin 05-22-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jucostud (Post 78311)
I miss them too, but forums are dead.

Sadly, I know :(

I miss dfwstangs.net. I know it's still up and active (barely) but that was the happening forum. I remember getting a big group of guys together and going to a restaurant and having mini car meets.

Doug 05-22-2017 12:51 PM

Facebook is faster and easier...no hosting needed for pics..And there are plenty of people who still build their own cars...

Jtotin 05-22-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 78313)
Facebook is faster and easier...no hosting needed for pics..And there are plenty of people who still build their own cars...

Yeah. But some of us don't use Facebook.

Guess it just leaves us guys in the dust unfortunately. I wish there was a way to be on the page for Facebook. Without actually being a member on Facebook or have a profile or whatever.

iiiiiiijklmm 05-26-2017 11:13 AM

You can make an account and only use it for the group. Just don't add anyone/accept anyone. Facebook is really easy to use. BUT I do like the forums. The issue, like stated above, is that's Facebook is way easier to use.

Jtotin 05-26-2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iiiiiiijklmm (Post 78318)
You can make an account and only use it for the group. Just don't add anyone/accept anyone. Facebook is really easy to use. BUT I do like the forums. The issue, like stated above, is that's Facebook is way easier to use.

I've run into situations where groups won't add you to the group because you don't have added friend and profile pictures and stuff like that. I remember at one point I tried to get onto dfw5.0s and they would not add me whatsoever because I had such an empty profile.

Shaggy 05-31-2017 03:23 AM

Screw facebook. Not because of it taking away from forums, but its just a place for guys to show off the cars/trucks in hopes to get likes. No real car talk. How could you really?

If you like forums, stick around!

Jtotin 05-31-2017 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 78321)
Screw facebook. Not because of it taking away from forums, but its just a place for guys to show off the cars/trucks in hopes to get likes. No real car talk. How could you really?

If you like forums, stick around!

Haha agreed.

Soulowd 07-05-2017 10:21 PM

Man I stop doing FB bout 3-4 years ago because people creeping on me. My life has been so much better. Never going back. I turned to liquor instead. Ya heard!

Shaggy 11-30-2017 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulowd (Post 78330)
Man I stop doing FB bout 3-4 years ago because people creeping on me. My life has been so much better. Never going back. I turned to liquor instead. Ya heard!

Ha ha! :favorites37:

SoCalTexan 12-18-2017 07:45 AM

Totally agree. I quit FB years ago. Never really did much with it anyway, but it just got annoying. Don't plan to ever go back either.