Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Detailing (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   What soap to use. (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2546)

zsommer79 02-11-2014 11:04 AM

Man you boys go at each other pretty hard over soap. I use Adam's car shampoo, works good for me.

STROKD 02-11-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zsommer79 (Post 64167)
Man you boys go at each other pretty hard over soap. I use Adam's car shampoo, works good for me.

We r just bored. Adams is fantastic, i forgot about them. Their detail spray is the shiz.

Grandpa 02-11-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 64177)
We r just bored. Adams is fantastic, i forgot about them. Their detail spray is the shiz.

I love their wheel polishes too. :)

STROKD 02-11-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 64179)
I love their wheel polishes too. :)

Yep, thats what i use on my HREs. Its been so long since they have been on the car i forgot that too. Lol

zsommer79 02-11-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Yeah and it smells so good I almost want to taste it. Have been wanting to give their Americana wax a try too but man it's pricey.

re-rx7 02-24-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

I like the boar hair brush. perfect for wheels.

Dominic Toretto 03-20-2014 10:56 AM

Guess I'll stop using Dawn and try some of this Gold Class stuff. Question though, why are you guys saying this stuff is pretty much the best off-the-shelf car soap over others?

-Alex

re-rx7 03-20-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 67231)
Guess I'll stop using Dawn and try some of this Gold Class stuff. Question though, why are you guys saying this stuff is pretty much the best off-the-shelf car soap over others?

-Alex

As long as you use meguairs or mother or a name brand soap there really isnt a bad choice. They all work well. Plus the meguairs has a nice smell. Dont tell me you have been washing you car with dawn soap?...That will take every bit of wax that is on your car right off. If you have been you need to wax that car immediatly.

Dominic Toretto 03-20-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 67290)
As long as you use meguairs or mother or a name brand soap there really isnt a bad choice. They all work well. Plus the meguairs has a nice smell. Dont tell me you have been washing you car with dawn soap?...That will take every bit of wax that is on your car right off. If you have been you need to wax that car immediatly.

Yeah I have been. Honestly i don't think the car had wax on it when i boughtit. Paint looks just the same to me. The car needs a full detail so i was nnever bothered.

-Alex

re-rx7 03-20-2014 09:23 PM

Put wax on it quickly. Your paint is taking a beating. Nothing to protect it from the elements. NEVER USE DISH SOAP. If it takes grease and wax off of pans and sucj imagine what it does to paint. A gd polish and wax would wonders.

MnemonicGhost 04-04-2014 11:23 PM

They use dawn soap to clear crude oil spills off animals. Only use it on a car before you plan to do some serious waxing (clay, polish, glaze, wax, etc).

I use Meguair's products myself. Great quality, not super expensive, can be found anywhere. Can't go wrong with Gold class, but have been using the new ultimate line on the mustang.

Also look into the two bucket method for washing. It helps with eliminating any grit and dirt from causing swirl marks.