Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Mid-pipe info please (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3151)

5.0forLIFE 11-18-2013 05:35 PM

Mid-pipe info please

I want to get a mid-pipe that would increase power significantly and also have a deep loud sound when I step on it. I was curious about the offroad pipes and if I can still pass inspection? If so, what brand and size should I go with? I have a completely stock car other than flowmaster axleback.

JDMLOL 11-18-2013 06:33 PM

Offroad means that it technically is illegal to run on public roads. You will not pass Texas emissions without cats unless you have a hookup or you're able to keep the "not ready" status off on your emissions' and o2 sensor heater readiness monitors. This can sometimes be achieved through a tune or o2 sensor spacers. As far as looking for a deep sound the offroad h is the way to go.

BERT 11-18-2013 06:43 PM

The cats can't be restricting that much flow these days

5.0forLIFE 11-18-2013 07:25 PM

What brands do you guys find most appealing as far as sound?

JDMLOL 11-18-2013 07:48 PM

Lethal if you're going midpipe only.

DirtyD 11-18-2013 08:12 PM

Lethal Performance, MRT, and supposedly the new refreshed JBA design are good options for H pipes. X will increase the the rasp as well as the volume. H will increase the volume, but will keep a deep tone to the car, and get you closer to the classic muscle sound.

five.slow 11-18-2013 11:15 PM

this is my car with the same mufflers you probably have with a lethal o/R H and the lund lope tune. dont mind the "flowmaster classic" the first few weeks these mufflers were out they were called classic then they just changed the name.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7O1js1yPkI
just search for boostaholic01 and most of those videos minus when it had a supercharger were all with the H pipe. the ones with the supercharger were with long tube headers and X pipe.

A302 11-18-2013 11:25 PM

The Lethal Off road H-pipe is a good one.

five.slow 11-18-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A302 (Post 56926)
The Lethal Off road H-pipe is a good one.

for the price you cant go wrong.

garner 11-19-2013 01:55 AM

You poor people that have to deal with emissions testing lol

But as others have said, h will keep the deeper tone whereas x will give it a raspy "race car" sound. Seems like most people go to lethal for them

five.slow 11-19-2013 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garner (Post 56938)

But as others have said, h will keep the deeper tone whereas x will give it a raspy "race car" sound. Seems like most people go to lethal for them

I know people who knew some people that killed some people for other people so inspections are not all that bad.

I actually took my car to get inspected before I left Texas with the o/r h and they actually believed me when I told them the resonators were the cats and that was where they went from the factory lol.

fordplay 11-19-2013 09:18 AM

Svt performance has a sticky with the off road H pipe replacement and it nets you 20 hp on a dyno.. and yes cats are really restrictive. That engine revs better with those things gone..

DirtyD 11-19-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garner (Post 56938)

Are you not close enough to Austin or San Antonio that you don't have to?

garner 11-19-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 56951)
Are you not close enough to Austin or San Antonio that you don't have to?

I'm like 2 counties over from Austin and idk how many from San Antonio. Hooray for bell county

GunsUp 11-19-2013 01:40 PM

American Muscle has exhaust clips of just about every combination on the market. Also hit up youtube and make it out to a meet and check out local guys setups in person.