Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Suspension (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Ford Racing adj Handling Package (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3264)

zsommer79 12-05-2013 11:04 AM

Ford Racing adj Handling Package

So I ordered a the FR adj handling package and was wondering if I should go ahead and change anything else when I install. I see a lot of people using LCA relocation brackets but the Frod package doesn't use them, why? The car is a DD and I am only doing the 1" drop P springs for now.

03MachMe 12-07-2013 08:43 AM

You shouldn't need the relocation brackets with only a 1" drop. I'm not sure if that comes with a panhard bar but that's the only thing you would "need"

maxpayne 12-07-2013 11:38 AM

Congrats man. Buying the pack is the best way to do it I think. Just buy it all together and stick it all on at once.

To your question, I agree with 03. I did some research on this for my setup, and I think you will be okay holding off on the lca and lca relos since your drop is not too aggressive. But, I am dropping 1"F/1.25"R and I am still getting lca/relos. Just because.

Also, get a panhard. I have seen people drop their stang and didn't use a panhard because it didn't "look" like they needed it. However, to my eye - it needed one bad!

zsommer79 12-07-2013 09:21 PM

The kit comes with the panhard bar so I am good to go there. If I decide I need to go lower I will be sure to get new LCAs and the relo bracket. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

5PointSlow 12-08-2013 11:43 AM

make sure you post up a review! I was talking to a buddy of mine in the industry that highly recommends the FRPP kit because they are tokico built but spec'd by dynamic. supposed to be a really good combination.

Dan12GT 12-08-2013 01:09 PM

It's not needed even if you go lower but best to get it if you want the best traction result.

zsommer79 12-08-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5PointSlow (Post 58566)
make sure you post up a review! I was talking to a buddy of mine in the industry that highly recommends the FRPP kit because they are tokico built but spec'd by dynamic. supposed to be a really good combination.

I will do my best to give it a review but I am not even remotely qualified to do so. Should get it this week but it may be a while before I get it put on since I am not sure when I will have time to install it. Might just look into having a shop doing it depending on the cost.

Dominic Toretto 12-09-2013 02:50 PM

My car is lowered with the P springs and my stock LCAs are not parallel anymore. I have since ordered BMRs relocation brackets and LCAs to correct the issue. Bare in mind, I also changed the wheels and tires, so that may also have effected the sustpension height of the car. There are a few ways to adjust the suspension, so not to get too confusing, I had the same question as you. Long answer short, you don't "need" to adjust the angle of the LCAs however, when you lower the car, the suspension changes and when you accelerate the rear is getting less traction because the angle of the control arms has changed. The rear of the control arms raises. They need to be flat. You can drive as is but, you will be be getting the traction that you should. BMRs relocation brackets has three available setting to adjust the LCA angle.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto 12-09-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zsommer79 (Post 58612)
I will do my best to give it a review but I am not even remotely qualified to do so. Should get it this week but it may be a while before I get it put on since I am not sure when I will have time to install it. Might just look into having a shop doing it depending on the cost.

What city are you in?

-Alex

DirtyD 12-09-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 58688)
My car is lowered with the P springs and my stock LCAs are not parallel anymore. I have since ordered BMRs relocation brackets and LCAs to correct the issue. Bare in mind, I also changed the wheels and tires, so that may also have effected the sustpension height of the car. There are a few ways to adjust the suspension, so not to get too confusing, I had the same question as you. Long answer short, you don't "need" to adjust the angle of the LCAs however, when you lower the car, the suspension changes and when you accelerate the rear is getting less traction because the angle of the control arms has changed. The rear of the control arms raises. They need to be flat. You can drive as is but, you will be be getting the traction that you should. BMRs relocation brackets has three available setting to adjust the LCA angle.

-Alex

Changing the wheel/tire height won't affect the suspension height, just the appearance of the suspension height (taller tire makes the car look lower, vice versa). It will change how the geometry of the suspension works with the car and putting down traction.

Dominic Toretto 12-09-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 58690)
It will change how the geometry of the suspension works with the car and putting down traction.

It would change the degree in change for the LCAs right? Like if I had lowered the car and kept the stock wheels, the LCA may have changed a certain degree but, by also changing the tire diameter, it changes the LCA angle also right?

-Alex

DirtyD 12-09-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 58693)
It would change the degree in change for the LCAs right? Like if I had lowered the car and kept the stock wheels, the LCA may have changed a certain degree but, by also changing the tire diameter, it changes the LCA angle also right?

-Alex

I was eating Whataburger when I answered that, so let me think about it for a minute.... haha

DirtyD 12-09-2013 05:53 PM

The LCA is connected to the "body" and the "axle", therefore the only time the LCA angle will change is when the distance between the axle and body decrease.

The tire diameter would only affect the distance between axle and angle when the suspension is conpressed. i.e. a shorter tire would allow the tire to tuck further inside of the wheel well when cornering, causing a greater change in LCA angle, but not to exceed the height of the fully compressed suspension.

At least that's what I came up with.

zsommer79 12-10-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 58689)
What city are you in?

-Alex

I live in Allen and work in Dallas.

zsommer79 12-11-2013 12:15 AM

Ok, so now my OCD self thinks I need need new LCAs and relos. Looking at the BMR stuff but also noticed Ford racing makes relos and can get the Boss R LCAs. Any opinions between the two?