Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   DFW tuners (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4568)

BlackStang08 09-09-2014 11:34 PM

HPP is where I go. Manny is the best Mustang tuner around.

62nalide 09-09-2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackStang08 (Post 74621)
HPP is where I go. Manny is the best Mustang tuner around.

Lol you might wanna look at the graph I posted

downtime! 09-10-2014 12:05 AM

My '12, with CAI, off road X, and BBK long tubes, tuned by Travis, made 435 and 410.

After the HPP fiasco, he was able to smooth the tune out, make the car completely driveable again (it ran so bad, I parked it and bought an '05 GT to drive daily), and still got me over 600 rwhp. With that tune, and 100 shot, the car ran 10.1x's even with my old, no shiftin' ass behind the wheel.

Gearheads has done right by me more times than I can count, going all the way back to my Procharged '03. They take a lot of shit around here, but in the end, results count.

BlackStang08 09-10-2014 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62nalide (Post 74624)
Lol you might wanna look at the graph I posted

That graph doesn't say much. Unless we know air/fuel, temp, timing, fuel type, etc. We also can't see the mods the car had when the dyno graph was made. You could have more mods, torco, and timing in the last run.

blownaltered 09-10-2014 12:38 AM

Nevermind, I had to stop myself. I'm glad your happy with Gearheads.

62nalide 09-10-2014 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackStang08 (Post 74627)
That graph doesn't say much. Unless we know air/fuel, temp, timing, fuel type, etc. We also can't see the mods the car had when the dyno graph was made. You could have more mods, torco, and timing in the last run.

The baseline was done with LT, CAI, off road x-pipe, injectors and E85. Car ran like shit and being at the shop for 2 months for that poor ass tune. Swapped tuners and fixed the mistake that was done by "HPP"...

downtime! 09-10-2014 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62nalide (Post 74629)
The baseline was done with LT, CAI, off road x-pipe, injectors and E85. Car ran like shit and being at the shop for 2 months for that poor ass tune. Swapped tuners and fixed the mistake that was done by "HPP"...

Both of those numbers were on E85? My 435/410 was on 93 pump gas. Are you sure you're happy with those results? Travis is notorious for tuning conservatively, but looks like he left a lot on the table there.

62nalide 09-10-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtime! (Post 74632)
Both of those numbers were on E85? My 435/410 was on 93 pump gas. Are you sure you're happy with those results? Travis is notorious for tuning conservatively, but looks like he left a lot on the table there.

Honestly I'm not happy but wanna see what it runs and traps. Yes both were E85. The baseline is a 2month waited tune by HPP. Most likely if my buddy isn't happy it will be up for sale.

BlackStang08 09-10-2014 11:15 AM

Did you have bigger plans for your car? Surpised you went with injectors and E85 with "mild" mods.

Sucks he got a crappy tune. When my car was up there for mods and tune, the morning car was a 5.0 with E85 and HUGE twin screw. When I went to HPP they were scheduling one tune in the morning and one for the afternoon.

When you say 2 month wait, do you mean he had to wait two months for a tune? I don't doubt that. I called up to make an appt and they were booked a month and a half out. So I pretty muched waited almost 2 months. The good thing is that they didn't have my car for two months and I was able to drop it off in the morning and have it back in the evening.

rlhay2 09-10-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 74616)
I know at one point lonestar was a good shop. They did all my work a decade ago.

When I used them they were remote tuning with John Lund. I dropped off a 640 rwhp car and picked up a built motor 615 rwhp car. Took it to Archie King who delivered me a great running ~690 rwhp car and I was happy...until I wanted more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered
I can tell you all shops have had there ups and downs.

I know guys that leave one shop because they have gone through motors and it doesn't run right. Then they will go to different shop and at the same time that shop has a car going to the shop they left for the same reason. I actually find it entertaining most days.

Quoted for truth! Most things are usually cyclical. But I believe in sharing. But not just sharing what I think should have happened but sharing all the relevant details. Even the embarrassing ones that usually begin "I was a naive consumer and..."

62nalide 09-10-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackStang08 (Post 74638)
Did you have bigger plans for your car? Surpised you went with injectors and E85 with "mild" mods.

Sucks he got a crappy tune. When my car was up there for mods and tune, the morning car was a 5.0 with E85 and HUGE twin screw. When I went to HPP they were scheduling one tune in the morning and one for the afternoon.

When you say 2 month wait, do you mean he had to wait two months for a tune? I don't doubt that. I called up to make an appt and they were booked a month and a half out. So I pretty muched waited almost 2 months. The good thing is that they didn't have my car for two months and I was able to drop it off in the morning and have it back in the evening.

It all depends how the car runs this weekend to determine what power adder is going to be used. Yes the car was sitting at the shop for 2 months just to get a tune done. The same has badass builds and people say good things but IDK if it's just because we didn't bust out with $30k build.

Grandpa 09-11-2014 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 74628)
Nevermind, I had to stop myself. I'm glad your happy with Gearheads.

Good call. Not worth the BS.

BLK2012GT 09-11-2014 06:59 PM

I think my car is prime example, just sayin.

downtime! 09-11-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 74662)
I think my car is prime example, just sayin.

I agree with you 100%

blownaltered 09-12-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 74658)
Good call. Not worth the BS.

You have no idea what I've been hearing about lately. The guy that bought my old car, went back to them against my advise. He is now looking for a new shop, to fix it. I will tell you in person why.