Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Job Hunting (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=983)

1andonlywhitie 01-18-2013 06:54 PM

Job Hunting

Hey guys,

Just a little feeler thread out to my fellow DFW guys/gals. I'm currently (and have been for a little while) looking for job opportunities. I'm leaning towards management roles as I have experience but I'm open to just about anything. I wanna try stay around the Allen/Plano area but I'm willing to travel a little for a good opportunity.

I can supply a resume, I just wanted to see if anyone out there knows of anywhere I should send my information to.

Thanks guys,
David

Zeek 01-18-2013 07:04 PM

What kind of work do you do? Like where have you worked?

1andonlywhitie 01-18-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeek (Post 16283)
What kind of work do you do? Like where have you worked?

My first job was at a carwash where I progressed to a manager position, after that was Repco (Australian AutoZone), then I moved here and Ive worked at both a performance shop and currently an automotive accessory store, both of which Ive basically run the businesses for little to no pay.

I have a Diploma in design and animation and a lot of management experience but its time I got what I deserve for how hard I work.

Phuck Phace 01-18-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andonlywhitie (Post 16291)
My first job was at a carwash where I progressed to a manager position, after that was Repco (Australian AutoZone), then I moved here and Ive worked at both a performance shop and currently an automotive accessory store, both of which Ive basically run the businesses for little to no pay.

I have a Diploma in design and animation and a lot of management experience but its time I got what I deserve for how hard I work.

Animation? What programs you use, Max, Maya?

1andonlywhitie 01-18-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace (Post 16292)
Animation? What programs you use, Max, Maya?

I used Maya but its been a while now. I graduated in 2008 and havent had access to it since. I use a lot of the principles I learnt in design but I'm a little rusty on the animation front.

Zeek 01-18-2013 10:00 PM

Well Pepsi is always hiring. Operators make about $16a hr to start and Mechanics (thats me) start around 23hr. Operators dont need any prior skills really........

1andonlywhitie 01-23-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeek (Post 16308)
Well Pepsi is always hiring. Operators make about $16a hr to start and Mechanics (thats me) start around 23hr. Operators dont need any prior skills really........

Applied there. Thanks man!

Now to keep looking...

Phuck Phace 01-23-2013 07:13 PM

Good luck, I talked to some people at my work and they weren't looking for more people yet.

jayman33 01-23-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andonlywhitie (Post 16282)
Hey guys,

Just a little feeler thread out to my fellow DFW guys/gals. I'm currently (and have been for a little while) looking for job opportunities. I'm leaning towards management roles as I have experience but I'm open to just about anything. I wanna try stay around the Allen/Plano area but I'm willing to travel a little for a good opportunity.

I can supply a resume, I just wanted to see if anyone out there knows of anywhere I should send my information to.

Thanks guys,
David

I heard the Army is taking applications!

merlinmol 01-23-2013 09:53 PM

My company is not currently hiring, if I see something open I will keep ya in mind.

Midnight11 01-23-2013 10:17 PM

It takes a while. I just got mine today after almost a year since I graduated college!

BLK2012GT 01-23-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight11 (Post 16898)
It takes a while. I just got mine today after almost a year since I graduated college!

What type of job did you get?

Zeek 01-24-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andonlywhitie (Post 16881)
Applied there. Thanks man!

Now to keep looking...

What position and whats your name i can talk to a supervisor and they can push you through

1andonlywhitie 01-24-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeek (Post 16945)
What position and whats your name i can talk to a supervisor and they can push you through

I filled out the online form where you upload your resume and details. My name's David White. I can't ask you to push my name through for me, of course I'd appreciate it but I don't by any means expect it.

Zeek 01-24-2013 01:28 PM

All they do is send your name to HR so they can get the ball rolling for a interview....... you applied for a specific position right?