Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Foxbody 5.0s (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Hey ladies, post up your foxes. (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3397)

blownaltered 01-09-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 60763)

What is sad about this, is every time you post this I have to listen to the entire damn song. I miss the late 80's

gip99gt 01-09-2014 09:23 PM

nice vert...

blownaltered 01-10-2014 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gip99gt (Post 60773)
nice vert...

Thanks once I get her cleaned up and some nice pictures taken I will post more. Really can't tell in the pic that the car is filthy as hell.

Grandpa 01-10-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 60807)
Thanks once I get her cleaned up and some nice pictures taken I will post more. Really can't tell in the pic that the car is filthy as hell.

That thing would look so dope with some Mach 5's (brushed centers/polished lips) in 18's and a 315 tire on the rear. *drool*

blownaltered 01-10-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 60817)
That thing would look so dope with some Mach 5's (brushed centers/polished lips) in 18's and a 315 tire on the rear. *drool*

Well once Beau pm me back I am working on getting the trunk smoothed and painted. The Mach 5s are definitely on the list. I almost ordered them so I could take the car to Vegas like that but doing a 5 lug swap plus that is more than I want to spend while the wife is back in school

Grandpa 01-10-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 60818)
Well once Beau pm me back I am working on getting the trunk smoothed and painted. The Mach 5s are definitely on the list. I almost ordered them so I could take the car to Vegas like that but doing a 5 lug swap plus that is more than I want to spend while the wife is back in school

You can get them in 4 lug with hidden hardware so no one could tell it's still four lug if you really were stuck on staying four lug. Converting to 5 lug can be done pretty cheap though.

STROKD 01-10-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 60818)

Best inexpensive wheel that is four lug is the Pony R. The original Cobra wheels are bad ass too but look wierd without the long axles in back.

You could get a set of those for under a grand, rock those till you are ready to do 5 lug.

gip99gt 01-10-2014 01:09 PM

4-lug staggered chrome SC wheels 8's and 9's

blownaltered 01-10-2014 01:22 PM

Here is the ultimate question. If I don't plan on road racing or running at the strip is there a real benefit to 5 lug? I can upgrade to a four lug rear disc and put better calipers in the front for better braking. I am just curious on what people opinions are on that.

gip99gt 01-10-2014 03:31 PM

I thought about it on several cars, but never got around to doing it. 5-lug gives you a lot of wheel choices. I'm satisfied with 4-lug wheels, they have came a long way since 16x7 factory pony wheels. lol

STROKD 01-10-2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 60842)
Here is the ultimate question. If I don't plan on road racing or running at the strip is there a real benefit to 5 lug? I can upgrade to a four lug rear disc and put better calipers in the front for better braking. I am just curious on what people opinions are on that.

Factory brakes for the most part suck, so might as well upgrade when you do the brakes and get 5 lug rims. Also you can get a 94/95 spindle which improves suspension geometry, aids in ride and handling.

blownaltered 01-10-2014 06:49 PM

Here are a couple cheaper 5 lug swaps. They aren't a big break kit but the calipers aren't bad. Might be a decent start and then upgrade later. I would have to use moser axles and not those but everything else would work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OE-MUSTANG-5...6688db&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-MUSTANG...b29a1b&vxp=mtr

Grandpa 01-10-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gip99gt (Post 60840)
4-lug staggered chrome SC wheels 8's and 9's

God no...

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 60842)

Just better selection of everything available to you all around. Better suspension, brakes, wheel selection, axles etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 60838)
Best inexpensive wheel that is four lug is the Pony R. The original Cobra wheels are bad ass too but look wierd without the long axles in back.

You could get a set of those for under a grand, rock those till you are ready to do 5 lug.

If you can find them, they are okay. Certainly a lot better than what he has for sure. I think the idea is to update the look of the car to something more current. Plus those Pony R's are still a heavy cast wheel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 60867)
Factory brakes for the most part suck, so might as well upgrade when you do the brakes and get 5 lug rims. Also you can get a 94/95 spindle which improves suspension geometry, aids in ride and handling.

Agreed.

blownaltered 01-10-2014 09:25 PM

Yeah Steve is right I really don't want to spend the money on a set of rims and them not be what I want. If I'm going to depend the coin it going to be on the set I want. Unfortunately for me the set I want isn't cheap.

Soulowd 01-18-2014 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my pride and joy