Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Interior/Exterior (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Front plate delete (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1892)

Grandpa 06-03-2013 05:48 PM

Front plate delete

When I bought my car, the salesman went outside and drilled on the front plate while we were inside signing papers. Needless I wasn't happy about it but the damage was already done.

Does anyone know a way I can delete my front plate and not look like shit due to the holes?

Midnight11 06-03-2013 05:56 PM

picked up these bumper clips at pep boys already gloss black for 1.99
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps292f762e.jpg

46Tbird 06-03-2013 06:03 PM

Take it to a bodyshop. You won't be really happy with anything else.

Grandpa 06-03-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46Tbird (Post 32902)
Take it to a bodyshop. You won't be really happy with anything else.

I'm not dropping that kinda money when I'm about to sell the car.

PLASMAN 06-03-2013 06:14 PM

Front plate delete

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 32905)

Sell the car wtf? Why worry about it if your selling

Grandpa 06-03-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLASMAN (Post 32910)
Sell the car wtf? Why worry about it if your selling

To give it more curb appeal is all. The better it looks the easier it will be to sell.

03MachMe 06-03-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 32905)

:snoopfacepalm:

Grandpa 06-03-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 32912)

What? A new bumper and paint would be expensive!

Midnight11 06-03-2013 06:23 PM

when i buy a car the front plate is what i look at first ;)

46Tbird 06-03-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 32911)
To give it more curb appeal is all. The better it looks the easier it will be to sell.

Front plate is required in Texas. Not sure I would spend the time or effort filling holes that someone is just going to drill back out.

Dan12GT 06-03-2013 07:12 PM

Steve I never know what you are actually going to do with your car...

One day you are going to thow a paxton on, then a KB, then turbos, now you are selling it...

BTW if you are selling I wouldn't worry about it. It would take a shop filling and repainting it to fix that.

03MachMe 06-03-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 32914)
What? A new bumper and paint would be expensive!

no the selling the car thing......:chicken:

Grandpa 06-03-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 32920)
Steve I never know what you are actually going to do with your car...

One day you are going to thow a paxton on, then a KB, then turbos, now you are selling it...

BTW if you are selling I wouldn't worry about it. It would take a shop filling and repainting it to fix that.

Haha, yeah. Before I bought this Stang, I really had my sights set on a C6 Z06. But then the wife told me that I was going to have to tell the kids they couldn't ride with me cuz of no backseat. So I gave in and went to look at a 13 GT500 but then dealers were putting 10-20k ADM on top of the sticker price. Well, I'll be damned if I will pay $75k for a Mustang so she talked me into looking into the GT's. They were alot nicer than I was expecting them to be and thought "hey, I could just do some bolt-ons and throw a blower on it to build a budget gt500".

Well, I've gotten a lil bored with the car and I'm not too confident in these cars with the problems they have after being highly modified. Since our new baby was born, the kids don't ride in it anymore cuz there isn't room for both of them. So when I go out in it, I'm usually alone anyways. Do the math on it, I could get a Z06, h/c/i that will rape a blown 5.0 and come out cheaper in the long run and it's what I really wanted in the first place.

That being said, the wife is a hardcore Mustang chick and is arguing to keep it. LOL.

First world problems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 32948)
no the selling the car thing......:chicken:

LOL. When you've had as many Mustangs as I have, you'd get it.

03MachMe 06-03-2013 10:06 PM

Nope will never get it. Mustang >old man barbie car

Dan12GT 06-03-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 32965)
Haha, yeah. Before I bought this Stang, I really had my sights set on a C6 Z06. But then the wife told me that I was going to have to tell the kids they couldn't ride with me cuz of no backseat. So I gave in and went to look at a 13 GT500 but then dealers were putting 10-20k ADM on top of the sticker price. Well, I'll be damned if I will pay $75k for a Mustang so she talked me into looking into the GT's. They were alot nicer than I was expecting them to be and thought "hey, I could just do some bolt-ons and throw a blower on it to build a budget gt500".

Well, I've gotten a lil bored with the car and I'm not too confident in these cars with the problems they have after being highly modified. Since our new baby was born, the kids don't ride in it anymore cuz there isn't room for both of them. So when I go out in it, I'm usually alone anyways. Do the math on it, I could get a Z06, h/c/i that will rape a blown 5.0 and come out cheaper in the long run and it's what I really wanted in the first place.

That being said, the wife is a hardcore Mustang chick and is arguing to keep it. LOL.

First world problems.

LOL. When you've had as many Mustangs as I have, you'd get it.

Ya I get ya. C6 Z06s are great cars. Damn expensive to mod too. Not really many cars out there though that you can expect to throw a blower on, increase the stock HP rating over 200 and not expect something to break. As they say, gotta pay to play.