Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Foxbody 5.0s (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   I joined the 5.0 Fox club! (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3617)

blownaltered 02-19-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andonlywhitie (Post 65068)
Since it's not blownaltered's it appears you have an unclaimed BD-11A... If it is in decent shape maybe we can come to an agreement on it lol. Let me know, it would be pretty awesome to get this sucker back together tonight...

It's a damn shame I'm an honest person. I so could have sold that damn thing and made me a quick buck, but it would haunt me for months for doing it.

I hope you get her up and running again soon. It oissed me off when I at my p1sc on my old GT.

1andonlywhitie 02-19-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 65069)
It's a damn shame I'm an honest person. I so could have sold that damn thing and made me a quick buck, but it would haunt me for months for doing it.

I hope you get her up and running again soon. It oissed me off when I at my p1sc on my old GT.

I appreciate the honesty lol. Now if Tim will work out what the deal is on it maybe I can snag it off them and get this turd running again... I've had the car for like 2 weeks and it seems I've barely even used it...

TrueStreetTim 02-19-2014 06:51 PM

Some reason I thought it was yours, Donny. Maybe because all your %#*& is ancient :hahano:

I'm working on it as we speak.

blownaltered 02-19-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim (Post 65074)
Some reason I thought it was yours, Donny. Maybe because all your %#*& is ancient :hahano:

I'm working on it as we speak.

My car parts are like me, old and broke in.

1andonlywhitie 02-19-2014 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 65081)
My car parts are like me, old and broke in.

'Experienced'

I'm gonna use that next time I sell a car... ran when parked, motor has lots of prior experience....

1andonlywhitie 02-19-2014 10:27 PM

So I took the blower unit off and opened it up on the drive belt side expecting to see carnage... what I actually see is.....nothing really. Pulleys and drive belt look great, bearings on the top side look good. Only thing I do see, tiny little fragments of what look like a bearing, the weird thing is both pulleys are right where they need to be but they don't spin which is real odd as that side of the blower is isolated from the side that actually moves the air... more updates to come...

EDIT 1: Took off the back side of the blower, impeller looks good. Has a little wear on the fins but nothing to be too worried about. After a little looking with the flashlight it looks like the bearing that sits between the impeller and the drive pulley (on the same shaft) has seized. Need to somehow break loose the components on that shaft to get down to the problem, of course it's something BURIED in there, couldn't be an easy fix... on the plus side getting back into being able to work on this kinda stuff has been nice, kinda missed it...

EDIT 2: With no puller/press for bearings I subbed out the bearing replacement to TrueStreet. Hopefully they can hook me up on it and I'll put it all back together... I want my damn car...

1andonlywhitie 02-21-2014 07:32 PM

Car's fucked. Blower rebuild is more money than I have, car's in pieces in the garage. Straight up S.O.L. Traded in my fucking '13 Dodge and used equity to buy this in the plan on not having a payment...yeah that plan didn't work. /Rant.

1andonlywhitie 03-01-2014 10:36 AM

Got the blower back together and back on the car... runs good, took a mile or two to get its adaptations back after sitting with the battery unhooked for days on end.

Hopefully that's it for teething issues getting this thing daily ready..

Doug 01-31-2016 01:41 AM

Hows it running now?