Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   AC just quit. (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3866)

re-rx7 03-20-2014 03:13 PM

AC just quit.

Driving to work today my Ac quit. Literally it was blowing decently cold then all of a sudden no cold air. I remember sometime back you guys talking about AC COmpressors failing just curious on what happenned. My car is a Certified Pre-owned car and i had it in the shop for this very thing at 34k miles so it is documented.

Grandpa 03-20-2014 03:27 PM

Man, that sucks. The heat is coming up soon too. Hope you get it sorted out soon!

re-rx7 03-20-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 67291)
Man, that sucks. The heat is coming up soon too. Hope you get it sorted out soon!

Thanks Steve. Im beyond pissed right now. Car has 49k. Ive had tranny failure (NOise) and now AC failure. I dont think its gonna cost me anything but Im at my wits end.

BERT 03-20-2014 03:29 PM

Try to cheap stuff first, like checking the fuse or relay

DirtyD 03-20-2014 03:58 PM

Sounds like the compressor failed again. Hopefully you get it fixed up quick

re-rx7 03-20-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 67299)
Sounds like the compressor failed again. Hopefully you get it fixed up quick

I took it in the first time it started blowing warm air and they said it was a little low on freon. Filled it and it was good for a little while. Now if the compressor died Im gonna be one pissed SOB.:gayflag:

Grandpa 03-20-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 67293)
Thanks Steve. Im beyond pissed right now. Car has 49k. Ive had tranny failure (NOise) and now AC failure. I dont think its gonna cost me anything but Im at my wits end.

Damn Fords!:troll3:

Grandpa 03-20-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 67302)
I took it in the first time it started blowing warm air and they said it was a little low on freon. Filled it and it was good for a little while. Now if the compressor died Im gonna be one pissed SOB.:gayflag:

I can relate. I took my V back to the dealership to fix one of the day time running lights. The whole corner needs to be taken apart just to change a damn bulb. Well the tech fixed, but it seems he didn't hook my windshield wiper fluid line back up and now it's pissing fluid everywhere. Now I gotta go back just so he can fix that! :Angry:

re-rx7 03-20-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 67305)
Damn Fords!:troll3:

:handshake:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 67306)
I can relate. I took my V back to the dealership to fix one of the day time running lights. The whole corner needs to be taken apart just to change a damn bulb. Well the tech fixed, but it seems he didn't hook my windshield wiper fluid line back up and now it's pissing fluid everywhere. Now I gotta go back just so he can fix that! :Angry:

I had a IS300 with 150k miles. Never had one damn problem. NO car at 50k should have AC problems. What really pisses me off is that I told them about the compressors failing often and they just shrugged. They seem to think its low again and told me to bring it in. Big difference is this time is that it just didnt start not getting cold its just shut the fuck off!! Thank god it was a nice day or I would be sweat drenched.

Anyway the service MGr is a gd friend of my dads and he told me to bring it in the morning. If it did go out, Im trading the car in right there or selling it out right.

Grandpa 03-20-2014 05:22 PM

Unfortunately the techs really don't care at all. They go for whatever job pays the most book hours and takes the least amount of work. Sometimes they get lucky and actually fix something right the first time. Hopefully they take care of you since your car has a history, otherwise that could be a costly repair.

BERT 03-20-2014 05:25 PM

Or if they're like some of the lazy techs up here, if it's not on there work order, they don't fix shit

Junkie 03-20-2014 05:28 PM

blah blah blah. "GM's suck, LS's suck, blah blah blah"

My AC works lol!

Grandpa 03-20-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 67327)

My AC works lol!

Does your AC work worth a fuck in the Viper? Cuz that would a first! :troll3:

Junkie 03-20-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 67328)

haha actually great! They fixed that with the 3rd generation thankfully

re-rx7 03-20-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 67325)
Unfortunately the techs really don't care at all. They go for whatever job pays the most book hours and takes the least amount of work. Sometimes they get lucky and actually fix something right the first time. Hopefully they take care of you since your car has a history, otherwise that could be a costly repair.

Very true. Its been documented before warranty and def alot of forums sayint the AC comp has problems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 67327)

My AC works lol!

Thats great. I still stand behind the statement of GM;s suck. I mean hell how many recalls have they had so far? Trucks catching on fire, cobalts killing people ect...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 67328)

this.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 67330)
haha actually great! They fixed that with the 3rd generation thankfully

Feet still on fire.