Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Any Weight Trainers/Body Builders on Here? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2028)

5PointSlow 06-21-2013 09:04 PM

The hardest part for most people is the diet. You CANNOT out train a bad diet. Ive gained a few lbs of fat and bloating just from eating shitty and drinking the last couple days. not to mention i havent worked out since monday due to the new tat on my upper arm i got on tues lol

Grandpa 06-22-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 35823)
99% of the suppliments sold are junk.

I agree. To add to that 95% of people's diet aren't clean enough to take advantage of them anyways. "Supplements" are just that, a supplement to proper training and clean diet. In cases of creatine, its a chemical your body makes naturally. If you take it for any sustained amount of time, it will throw off your systems balance, your body will quit making it then it throws everything off. Plus, the moment you stop taking it, you lose any sort of benefit from it and can have an adverse reaction.

Want to aid your training? Work hard and eat clean.

BLK2012GT 06-22-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 35866)
I agree. To add to that 95% of people's diet aren't clean enough to take advantage of them anyways. "Supplements" are just that, a supplement to proper training and clean diet. In cases of creatine, its a chemical your body makes naturally. If you take it for any sustained amount of time, it will throw off your systems balance, your body will quit making it then it throws everything off. Plus, the moment you stop taking it, you lose any sort of benefit from it and can have an adverse reaction.

Want to aid your training? Work hard and eat clean.

Is that how you got the sexy body builder body you have?:rofl:

Grandpa 06-22-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 35874)
Is that how you got the sexy body builder body you have?:rofl:

Yeah, you're a physical specimen yourself there aren't ya? Anytime you want to come to the gym and workout let me know. I bet you don't make it through the warm up without puking let alone rolling for two hours. This old fat guy would fuckin clown you on the mat. :signs8:

Blackout 06-22-2013 10:41 AM

My diet has gone to shit...I can never stick to it bc of work I always eat out :/

Grandpa 06-22-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackout (Post 35896)
My diet has gone to shit...I can never stick to it bc of work I always eat out :/

Social eating is a huge diet killer for sure. Its hard to avoid. Im learning to make better choices rather than just saying fuck it and order whatever I want.

BLK2012GT 06-22-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 35892)
Yeah, you're a physical specimen yourself there aren't ya? Anytime you want to come to the gym and workout let me know. I bet you don't make it through the warm up without puking let alone rolling for two hours. This old fat guy would fuckin clown you on the mat. :signs8:

Hmmmmmm I sure hope you can take me on the mat since you've been doing that shit for how long. And I never said I was in shape. I'm far from it, but I don't preach on what to do either when I don't do it myself. And maybe we need to make a section for this instead of a sticky and get Greg (gray horse) on this site. Someone that knows about physical training and working out.

Grandpa 06-22-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 35900)
Hmmmmmm I sure hope you can take me on the mat since you've been doing that shit for how long. And I never said I was in shape. I'm far from it, but I don't preach on what to do either when I don't do it myself. And maybe we need to make a section for this instead of a sticky and get Greg (gray horse) on this site. Someone that knows about physical training and working out.

Contrary to popular belief I haven't always been old and fat. lol.

I'm not preaching bro, just sharing my opinion. I'm back on my training/dieting program. My brother being sick with stage 4 cancer has had a really profound effect on my attitude towards my health and not taking it for granted any longer. Its now my priority over everything else now making some big changes in my life. I've attempted it many times and failed, it just sucks watching my brother wither away in health and spirit is what it took to make these changes happen. :(

5PointSlow 06-22-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 35898)
Social eating is a huge diet killer for sure. Its hard to avoid. Im learning to make better choices rather than just saying fuck it and order whatever I want.

That's been my prob the last few days lol. Eating out is so bad for you especially I you make poor diet decisions.

Dominic Toretto 06-22-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackout (Post 35896)

I had this same issue for awhile. I started making my own lunches for the week. Saves gas on going out to eat during lunch, you know exactly what you're eating, saves money and is healthier. Try it bro :)

Quote:

+1. A section for physical health would be great for everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 35905)
I've attempted it many times and failed, it just sucks watching my brother wither away in health and spirit is what it took to make these changes happen. :(

Can't imagine what you're going through man. Best wishes and prayers to your brother.

-Alex

Blackout 06-26-2013 10:51 AM

Haha waking up early to make my own food is hard....how's pbmj sandwhiches for a "diet"...I say its still better than fast fopd and peanut butter I high on protein or whatever...I've cut back on drinking also

White_lightning 06-26-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

greg is a boss:) but im willing to bet i have moved more weight than just about anyone on this site...

BLK2012GT 06-26-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_lightning (Post 36788)
greg is a boss:) but im willing to bet i have moved more weight than just about anyone on this site...

That's because you're Hercules.

White_lightning 06-26-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 36791)
That's because you're Hercules.

faaaaar from it.. im just a fat nerd who likes to move a little weight :)

Phuck Phace 06-26-2013 12:43 PM

I'm hard as a rock, don't need to carry a Glock, I'm 30% muscle and 70% cock.