Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   car and driver & motor trend. (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3929)

fordplay 04-01-2014 07:18 AM

car and driver & motor trend.

Ok so last night my popular science, car and driver and motor trend mags were in my mail box, and of course both had the z/28 on the cover. Good article's, motor trend talked about the 60 tread wear on the tires for the camaro, didn't mention the gtr but did note the porsche and 220.. ok.. then I looked at car and driver... The test numbers didn't match up... This is normal as car and drivers numbers are always slower than motortrend, but in the comparison chart car and driver had faster numbers than motor trend with the gt500, with better braking and better cornering g's. .. strange?? C&D was faster with the gt500 but slower with every other car? And in MT test they couldn't get a track edition gtr or the gt3 from porsche. .. so I looked up past results for the last few years.. you know motor trend when the test GM cars they come out number 1... The zl1 the SS the new SS not the camaro.. They awarded the new chevy truck, truck of the year... so I looked further... for the last 3 years GM spent 4.2 and 3.6 BILLION in advertising.. ranking number 1 or 2 for most money spent in advertising by a company. .. is it just me or does this seem strange? Before you respond look it up. It takes mere minutes.

Dominic Toretto 04-01-2014 08:40 AM

IB4GMSucksposts.

-Alex

fordplay 04-01-2014 09:09 AM

Stop! That's not what I said!! Ha ha

Dominic Toretto 04-01-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordplay (Post 68504)
Stop! That's not what I said!! Ha ha

I know. I'm just getting here before those start rolling in:chewie:

-Alex

Grandpa 04-01-2014 09:24 AM

IMO, the magazine "reviews" are nothing more than bought and paid for opinions that are really nothing more than extensive advertisements. Anything the magazines say should be taken with a grain of salt.

Futwa 04-01-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68509)
IMO, the magazine "reviews" are nothing more than bought and paid for opinions that are really nothing more than extensive advertisements. Anything the magazines say should be taken with a grain of salt.

What he said. I do like watching Randy Pobst reviews on youtube though, it seems like he remains pretty neutral and honest about most cars.

DirtyD 04-01-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 68509)

This, to the "T". It's unfortunate, but it's true.

I'll wait for Top Gear to get a hold of a Z/28 and put the Stig behind it to see how it does. :lol:

kdanner 04-01-2014 11:39 AM

Print media. How quaint. Welcome to last century!

03MachMe 04-01-2014 01:25 PM

Says the guy with a pony tail.....

kdanner 04-02-2014 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 68533)
Says the guy with a pony tail.....

Aren't you the guy from the villiage people? :lol2:

03MachMe 04-02-2014 12:35 AM

Yep considering they were before I was born, Yea that's me

fordplay 04-02-2014 07:43 AM

Ok if you have a pony tail and are not rocking D's you can't comment and expect it to be taken serious.. unless it's about graphic art's, or where the best pot is.... dam hippy!! Ha ha.. yeah I think they are all bought and paid for but it's just sad isn't it?? Because I want to trust them.. let's start our own magazine and car show.. dom will be the chevy guy. I'll be the Ford guy, Steve will review comfortable cars and hard candies, (he's so going to hit me for all the old comments) it would be awesome. Like top gear UK because we'd all disagree on everything

DirtyD 04-02-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordplay (Post 68590)
Ok if you have a pony tail and are not rocking D's you can't comment and expect it to be taken serious.. unless it's about graphic art's, or where the best pot is.... dam hippy!! Ha ha.. yeah I think they are all bought and paid for but it's just sad isn't it?? Because I want to trust them.. let's start our own magazine and car show.. dom will be the chevy guy. I'll be the Ford guy, Steve will review comfortable cars and hard candies, (he's so going to hit me for all the old comments) it would be awesome. Like top gear UK because we'd all disagree on everything

Mullet wears a pony tail sometimes. And his cars are way better than ours.

03MachMe 04-02-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 68594)
Mullet wears a pony tail sometimes. And his cars are way better than ours.

That's an opinion...

Grandpa 04-02-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 68596)
That's an opinion...

TT Ford GT..

TT UGR Superleggra Gallardo..

Mustang Gt.

Yeah, I can see how you come to that. :roflsquared: