Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "dead" (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4831)

Klownz 02-27-2015 03:52 PM

"dead"

This shit died like a MF. Deleting it soon?

BlackStang08 02-27-2015 09:05 PM

Was thinking of setting up a local meet/gtg like the old days.

NAVAG 02-27-2015 09:54 PM

Everyone is on FB now. I check the forum every day but there isn't anything going on right now. I'd be up for a gtg since I don't go to the Coit meets. Work and family keeps me pretty tied up. Only been to a couple of dyno days and don't really know anyone...

MnemonicGhost 02-28-2015 07:11 PM

What's the link to the FB group?

Monolith 02-28-2015 11:47 PM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/218102278294892/

Klownz 03-02-2015 11:28 AM

agreed, nobody seems to aprove the facebook thing when you try.

NAVAG 03-02-2015 12:54 PM

I'm kinda mixed on the FB thing. Seems to be a good tool for selling parts and asking questions that even a quick search on the forum could answer. I like the forum better. I should post more over here.

wayne fontenot 03-02-2015 05:14 PM

Us old folks don't do facebook. I'll stay here on the site and start to post more

Monolith 03-02-2015 08:15 PM

Josh is one of the admins...I sent him a personal message telling him I was trying to join and sent him pics of my car...he added me with in hours.

All the people who attempt to join are shown in a post on Fridays...if someone knows you then they vouch for you and you are added...if no one knows you (Your real name on FB) then you are declined...

It's really a good group of guys....a lot of older people, and the one who actually started this DFW5.0's, Nicolas, is there ....that's how I got my stickers for my car...a lot of car meets...a lot of jokes and funny shit.

Cowtown meets on Tuesday....Coit on Fridays...Timbuktu on Saturdays...and there are a few more that I don't even frequent...there are usually 5 a week that a lot of people go to.

Klownz 03-03-2015 12:26 PM

declined again...lol. No point in trying that anymore.

NAVAG 03-03-2015 01:38 PM

I thought they had to let forum members join FB. I got on early on when they would let anyone join. They cleaned house a few times since then. If you don't post, comment, or go to the Coit Meets you'll be removed from the group. I never go to Coit and rarely comment on FB. Seems like a younger crowd anyway. Good place to buy sell used parts for cheap and get rid of them real fast.

I guess the only annoying thing about it is all the questions that get asked that could be solved with a quick search in this forum.

"Anyone know where I can get a set of axle backs cheap?"
"Anyone know a good tuner who is cheap?"
"Help! My tune wouldn't load now my car is dead!"
"Stock Axle Backs. $150"

Monolith 03-03-2015 02:50 PM

Going to meet's is not required....a lot of people there do not got to meets at all.

Being respectful to others and generally a nice person or helpful is a requirement.

It is true if you simply browse the page and are not an active part of the community at least on FB you will eventually drop off....

It's not completely a younger crowd...I'd say it's about 50 - 50 in age...meaning 30+ and under 30. It's not even required to own a 5.0 if you are fun and nice...Dale drives a Miata LOL....Don drove a Ford pickup...which he sold and is ordering the new GT350R....

50bryan 03-03-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 77189)
Going to meet's is not required....a lot of people there do not got to meets at all.

Being respectful to others and generally a nice person or helpful is a requirement.

It is true if you simply browse the page and are not an active part of the community at least on FB you will eventually drop off....

It's not completely a younger crowd...I'd say it's about 50 - 50 in age...meaning 30+ and under 30. It's not even required to own a 5.0 if you are fun and nice...Dale drives a Miata LOL....Don drove a Ford pickup...which he sold and is ordering the new GT350R....

Dale's a former 5.0 owner, used to have the "blue devil".
I'm sure there are pics of his old car on here. It's nice

JDBishopArts 03-03-2015 05:11 PM

Hello! Who are you Klownz?

Monolith 03-03-2015 11:27 PM

JDBishop is one of the admin on the FB group.... I told them about you trying to join :)