Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Exhaust Mod Help-2013 GT (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=5089)

Grace 06-30-2016 03:55 AM

Exhaust Mod Help-2013 GT

I currently have a 2013 GT with a Pypes cat back system. Trying to figure out what exactly to do. Basically wanting to add HP but keeping a deep aggressive sound without killing my wallet. I love the way the exhaust sounds now.
So my question is what Brands could I use to keep my current Pypes cat back system but add an After cat H pipe with cat deletes? Will any Brand work?
I've priced LT headers but not sure if I want to go that expensive.

Grace 06-30-2016 04:28 AM

I guess I should also ask if this is even possible? Or would I need to just do cat deletes? (To keep current system as well)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxGt1 07-01-2016 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace (Post 78122)
I currently have a 2013 GT with a Pypes cat back system. Trying to figure out what exactly to do. Basically wanting to add HP but keeping a deep aggressive sound without killing my wallet. I love the way the exhaust sounds now.
So my question is what Brands could I use to keep my current Pypes cat back system but add an After cat H pipe with cat deletes? Will any Brand work?
I've priced LT headers but not sure if I want to go that expensive.

If you want to add HP and like the way it sounds leave the exhaust the way it is and get a tuner and a custom tune for more HP. You can gain a few extra Hp with a off road mid pipe but then you have to deal with passing emissions and it will be much louder.

Grace 07-01-2016 12:29 AM

Thank you for the reply, I have a custom tune, CAI and 4.10 gears.
Might try the off road h pipe route and get it retuned after. Loud is okay (at least I say that now) and I think I have a place that would pass it

TxGt1 07-01-2016 09:51 AM

Aw ok gotcha. I really didn't notice much seat of the pants power with my Xpipe but I love the sound I have noticed other drivers don't like to be near very long lol.

wayne fontenot 07-01-2016 11:44 AM

And see if your old school like me I prefer the sound of an H pipe over the X. It all depends on what you like

t660 07-06-2016 02:59 PM

Do you have your stock mufflers handy?

I ask because an O/R midpipe will give you some decent power gains, it's not too tough of an install, but it turns the volume up to 11 if you have a muffler delete type exhaust.

I was running Pypes O/R H midpipe, stock over axles with stock resonators and a custom muffler delete. It was so loud I didn't drive it until I got some GT500s in the mail.

Grace 07-06-2016 03:27 PM

No only thing I have is the Pypes Cat Back super system

Grace 07-06-2016 03:33 PM

Will adding the O/R H mid pipe delete any parts on the current Cat back system? Such as their M-80 mufflers

t660 07-07-2016 01:55 PM

No, your cat back system hooks up to the stock H pipe. You should just be able to bolt your cat back system to the aftermarket mid pipe.

NAVAG 07-16-2016 12:53 AM

I had Pypes axle back for approximately two weeks. Droned so bad I wanted to drive off a bridge.