Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Introduction (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dallas Newbie (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1939)

Dark Pony 06-12-2013 09:51 PM

That car isn't even broken in yet

Boomer 06-12-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Pony (Post 34409)
That car isn't even broken in yet

That's not what I'm concerned about, the issue is that it's adding more mileage then what is actually being driven, so I don't want it to read more then what it really has in the long run.

Second, is the inconvenience of having the speedo calibration removed "if" I ever have to have transmission work done in order for the warranty to be honored. I have no clue what brand of aftermarket gears are installed, or if the center gearing is used or new simply based off the previous owners post and his mods list. Because it says sorta built cobra rear center, thats what concerns me is all.

Luke 06-13-2013 01:42 AM

I'd keep all records for sure, if you bought a car that the dealer said is under factory warranty you have no obligation to fix anything that is normally covered. They can send it to HPP or wherever or put it back to stock but that's not on you. Sounds like the tech who passed it through the used vehicle inspection didn't do his job. Not having high beams and them passing it off is an instant giveaway.

thelandshark 06-13-2013 08:54 AM

Your right Luke boomer go back and raise hell cause.they should have checked everything on it don't pay for anything that's there job because they sold u a car with warranty and they can't warranty aftermarket make them put 3.55 gears in it that are under warranty u raise enough hell they will fix it

strokn88lx 06-14-2013 10:21 AM

Hey i sent ya a pm with my number. Don't let the dealer fuck you. Call me asap. I can help ya out.

Luke 06-14-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strokn88lx (Post 34690)
Hey i sent ya a pm with my number. Don't let the dealer fuck you. Call me asap. I can help ya out.

:happy160:

Boomer 06-14-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strokn88lx (Post 34690)

Very appreciative of your help!!! Car is back at the dealership having a gear swap. This car is WAY to clean and nice to be giving it back for a simple speedo correction! You took extremely good care of this car and it still smells like a new car :)

Oxford14Stang 06-14-2013 06:58 PM

Boomer, hope everything worked out for you. And Luke is right, used car tech didn't do his job. I'm a used car tech at my dealership. Interesting how the car passed state without high beams

Selcouth 06-14-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang (Post 34771)
Boomer, hope everything worked out for you. And Luke is right, used car tech didn't do his job. I'm a used car tech at my dealership. Interesting how the car passed state without high beams

Wouldn't be surprised if they just let that one slide so they could sell the car.

Boomer 06-14-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang (Post 34771)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selcouth (Post 34774)
Wouldn't be surprised if they just let that one slide so they could sell the car.

Well that's what it comes down to, they just wanted to make the sale. I'm happy with the car itself because its an amazing car, but the dealership really sux!!!

Luke 06-15-2013 05:32 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if the sales dept didn't even know of the problem. The tech passed it and nothing was said so everyone assumes it's all good. At my old dealership they'd make you do the work and not get paid for the labor since it was your own fuck up. Glad they took care of you though.

Oxford14Stang 06-15-2013 10:44 AM

Yeah boomer, they assumed the car was in mint condition because of the low mileage. The tech was prob thinking, there couldn't be anything possibly wrong with the car. Glad they are taking care of it.

Boomer 06-19-2013 09:51 PM

A little update, I finally got the car back this afternoon. They did a gear swap and now the car stays under warranty. Just glad to get the car home!

On a side note, who on here drives a 2013 Grabber Blue GT with license plate KRZ 10? This person had a DFW50s sticker on their side window, I seen you today in Irving on Beltline :-)

DirtyD 06-19-2013 10:01 PM

Dallas Newbie

I think that is Special K, or Kristen on Facebook

Boomer 06-19-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 35596)
I think that is Special K, or Kristen on Facebook

Very cool!