Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   RX7's inferiorty complex thread (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4633)

re-rx7 10-06-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 75297)
Why do you post when no one cares about your go cart or anything you have to say is worthless?

This go kart beat the new GTI's ass in the Motortrend 10 best. Also beat the STI. LOL

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...t_drivers_car/

Still waiting for you slow ass.

re-rx7 10-06-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 75298)
It's an obvious attempt at being relevant, but as usual he failed miserably. lmao.

awwwww:)

blownaltered 10-06-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 75291)
Just FYI I'm fucking around with Steve cause this site is dead and boring now. So Donnie you don't need to get your panties in a wad.

That's funny shit, that is the exact same thing I'm doing. I figure I could ruffle some feathers and get some entertainment out of it. This site has been dead for a while but when these threads pop up I get some much needed laughter.

STROKD 10-06-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 75299)
This go kart beat the new GTI's ass in the Motortrend 10 best. Also beat the STI. LOL

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...t_drivers_car/

Still waiting for you slow ass.

Only because its cheap. The gti was faster around the track in the car and drivers best track times in various cars test... my slow ass has a detuned 600 rw road race car... the gti is getting traded for a 15R when they hit the lot... i already have my salesman calling me when they get the first blue dsg off the truck... but Im sure your super duper car can outrun it too. Lols

re-rx7 10-06-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 75303)
Only because its cheap. The gti was faster around the track in the car and drivers best track times in various cars test... my slow ass has a detuned 600 rw road race car... the gti is getting traded for a 15R when they hit the lot... i already have my salesman calling me when they get the first blue dsg off the truck... but Im sure your super duper car can outrun it too. Lols

Actually i bet monies it can(see sig). LOL Super duper GOLF R Lol. Focus RS is around the corner....
Only because its cheap?. Is that why it beat the STI as well? The Gti has shitty handling and is not a track car. Only reason it has faster times is the power and gearbox.

Edit: That car is gonna start at 36k!! bwhahaa

STROKD 10-06-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 75304)
Actually i bet monies it can(see sig). LOL Super duper GOLF R Lol. Focus RS is around the corner....
Only because its cheap?. Is that why it beat the STI as well? The Gti has shitty handling and is not a track car. Only reason it has faster times is the power and gearbox.

Edit: That car is gonna start at 36k!! bwhahaa

Shitty handling? Have you driven one? It handles similar to my mom's old Carrera, which is a horribly regarded car in the handling department. Lawlz.

Is 36 k too much for you? For the cost its a bargain. The Autobahn we have now was almost 34 3 years ago... Its a cheap and nice daily driver for my wife... makes more sense than a 335 does financially(her other choice), which is more expensive and not as fun to drive.

Grandpa 10-07-2014 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 75307)

Is 36 k too much for you?.

If you had seen seen the jalopy he drives you wouldnt be asking that question. Quit arguing with him its a waste of time. Lol

STROKD 10-07-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 75310)
If you had seen seen the jalopy he drives you wouldnt be asking that question. Quit arguing with him its a waste of time. Lol

Oh i concur, he just made it seem like I was buyin a Huracan!

re-rx7 10-07-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 75310)

Jalopy? LOL My rx7 would own that fucking V. This new setup is gonna be even more wicked. Half Bridge. Funny story your V cost what 40k? LOL yea you're big time! LOL

re-rx7 10-07-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 75307)
Shitty handling? Have you driven one? It handles similar to my mom's old Carrera, which is a horribly regarded car in the handling department. Lawlz.

Is 36 k too much for you? For the cost its a bargain. The Autobahn we have now was almost 34 3 years ago... Its a cheap and nice daily driver for my wife... makes more sense than a 335 does financially(her other choice), which is more expensive and not as fun to drive.

Why spend more for less? 35k is alot considering it isnt much faster and finished lower in almost every test its compared to a lowly fiesta. LOL

JDMLOL 10-07-2014 08:05 PM

I have the world's most expensive and slowest race car!!!!!

My gti was a fun car, but I dumped it for the mustang because I could smell trouble coming. Every vehicle that I or my family had driven up until that gti had literally been turn key and drive for well over 100k with nothing more than routine maintenance. Mainly ford and GM vehicles. At two years old and 60k my gti was idling rough cold and giving me a blinking cel. I had no idea what it was but I began reading horror stories of other people and their fairly low mileage volkswagens/audis shitting the bed for a lack of better words. Hell, I had a coworker with a nice gli snap the timing belt before the service interval. Like 60ish k? I didn't want to drop big money for that great German "engineering". It's all hype and over engineering just to make money after warranty. I still like volkswagens but would never own anything Euro again out of warranty except a volvo.

re-rx7 10-07-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMLOL (Post 75330)
My gti was a fun car, but I dumped it for the mustang because I could smell trouble coming. Every vehicle that I or my family had driven up until that gti had literally been turn key and drive for well over 100k with nothing more than routine maintenance. Mainly ford and GM vehicles. At two years old and 60k my gti was idling rough cold and giving me a blinking cel. I had no idea what it was but I began reading horror stories of other people and their fairly low mileage volkswagens/audis shitting the bed for a lack of better words. Hell, I had a coworker with a nice gli snap the timing belt before the service interval. Like 60ish k? I didn't want to drop big money for that great German "engineering". It's all hype and over engineering just to make money after warranty. I still like volkswagens but would never own anything Euro again out of warranty except a volvo.

Most likely carbon buildup they had problems with for quite awhile up to 2010 I believe.

JDMLOL 10-07-2014 08:13 PM

I have the world's most expensive and slowest race car!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 75331)
Most likely carbon buildup they had problems with for quite awhile up to 2010 I believe.

Mine was a 2010. That's what I suspected but didn't want to mess with it and keep throwing money at it. I had money to get the mustang so I traded that puppy in.

garner 10-07-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re-rx7 (Post 75327)
Jalopy? LOL My rx7 would own that fucking V. This new setup is gonna be even more wicked. Half Bridge. Funny story your V cost what 40k? LOL yea you're big time! LOL

Yupp because performance is totally what makes a car a jalopy or not :emotions33: Your rx7 is almost 30 years old and has nowhere near the convenience features of his V. So yes, it's a jalopy

Even my car is a jalopy compared to his V

re-rx7 10-07-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garner (Post 75333)
Yupp because performance is totally what makes a car a jalopy or not :emotions33: Your rx7 is almost 30 years old and has nowhere near the convenience features of his V. So yes, it's a jalopy

Even my car is a jalopy compared to his V

Well fuck in that case my fiesta has AC, Recaros, Auto climate control, nav, moonroof? bwwahaa Got a little brown on your nose.:lewx4: