Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Suspension (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Where to get aligned after lowering? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=4531)

Shiftybusiness 08-29-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper (Post 74392)
They ended up cutting me a deal at $85 because it took longer than planned. And found out my car isn't leveled from the factory which is always awesome to hear...

I'm at Dallas Frame & Alignment now and they said the same thing that it's not level. Basically they said adjustable coilovers are the only solution. With as much forum browsing I've done over the last year I've never heard of this. They also said the last 4 Mustangs had the same problem.

Courtesy Flush 08-29-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiftybusiness (Post 74450)
I'm at Dallas Frame & Alignment now and they said the same thing that it's not level. Basically they said adjustable coilovers are the only solution. With as much forum browsing I've done over the last year I've never heard of this. They also said the last 4 Mustangs had the same problem.

They did my alignment in 2012 when i installed new struts/shocks & springs.
No mention of the car not being level.

Shiftybusiness 08-29-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush (Post 74451)
They did my alignment in 2012 when i installed new struts/shocks & springs.
No mention of the car not being level.

You might not have that problem. At least they were able to get me aligned.

Reaper 08-29-2014 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiftybusiness (Post 74450)

Yeah I stopped by ford on the way home. The guy just blew it off pretty much assuming it was within tolerance. It's whatever I guess... Yeah coil overs is a solution. Also they said they bend the sway bar sometimes. Or get a 3 way adjustable sway bar and off set the holes.

Shiftybusiness 08-29-2014 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper (Post 74456)
Yeah I stopped by ford on the way home. The guy just blew it off pretty much assuming it was within tolerance. It's whatever I guess... Yeah coil overs is a solution. Also they said they bend the sway bar sometimes. Or get a 3 way adjustable sway bar and off set the holes.

Yea that's exactly what they told me.

Reaper 09-24-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAVAG (Post 74350)
Muffler King in Garland. Kevin does good alignments on lowered cars.

Are you talking about Bill the Muffler King on 11118 Garland Rd?

TwoQuack 09-24-2014 11:40 PM

COBB in Plano does race alignment and car balancing.

NAVAG 09-26-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper (Post 75076)
Are you talking about Bill the Muffler King on 11118 Garland Rd?

Yes. Call and ask for Kevin. He'll take good care of you. He got mine within spec without camber bolts. I need to go back since its been about a year. This time I'll bring a set of camber bolts with me.

GreggASmith 01-18-2015 12:59 PM

GIO Tire Shop on Cooper in Arlington did mine after I installed the Steeda springs. The only thing that needed adjustment was the toe.

The place doesn't look super impressive from the curb, but every employee seems to own a drift car or an autocross bandit. They do good work.

NAVAG 01-18-2015 02:11 PM

I went back to Muffler King a couple of months ago when I got my new wheels. I also added a new set of Koni Orange shocks and struts recently and I knew the front end would need to be adjusted.

The camber was waaaaay off after I put everything together. The stance was so bad I was expecting to hear some loud-ass woofers and see a fart-can muffler sticking out of the back. Kevin at MK got everything back in spec and didn't charge that much - less than $75.

Also what I like about that place is that they always seem have a 65-68 Pony on a lift doing work on it when I go there. It also isn't much to look at on the outside and it's in Garland, Texas...and it may look like Zombies destroyed it but it's just Garland.

TwoQuack 02-03-2015 03:14 PM

COBB tuning in Plano has the right tools for 4 wheel alignment and camber adjustment.

GunsUp 02-05-2015 05:28 PM

NTB at coit at bush right by the Friday night meet has an alignment machine for lowered cars. My buddy is the manager there. Said they get all kinds of hellaflush cars there

Lucky13 02-05-2015 09:43 PM

Get a camber gauge from Maximum Motorsports for 75 bucks, some string and jackstands and knock it out. Easy. There are links all over the place. Level a place in the garage and do it. Patience required but a shit ton cheaper than alignments all the time if you're dicking around with camber. My $0.02.