Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Pics & Video (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   C7 goes 200 MPH (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3327)

Dan12GT 12-20-2013 11:32 AM

C7 goes 200 MPH

I'm sure most of us have seen clips of this video but this looks like the full length video. Pretty awesome. I love these new vettes!

rlhay2 12-20-2013 12:03 PM

Most impressive to me is that it was apparently done on stock suspension.

DirtyD 12-20-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlhay2 (Post 59335)
Most impressive to me is that it was apparently done on stock suspension.

Stock suspension, bolt-ons and a 100 shot in 5th gear.

JDMLOL 12-20-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 59336)
Stock suspension, bolt-ons and a 100 shot in 5th gear.

Bolt-ons... Stupid question: How are companies able to make aftermarket parts and have them ready for market when the car just got a complete redesign and was released maybe six weeks ago?

Im guessing gm releases preproduction models to the big aftermarket companies.

rlhay2 12-20-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMLOL (Post 59344)

This is exactly what happens.
LG has had the cylinder heads for the C7 for months now.

Grandpa 12-20-2013 02:05 PM

Embedded it for you.

Unfortunately for Hennessey, no matter what he does speed wise it will be very difficult for him to ever get any respect again.

Dan12GT 12-20-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 59347)
Embedded it for you.

Unfortunately for Hennessey, no matter what he does speed wise it will be very difficult for him to ever get any respect again.

Huh? I guess I don't keep up with stuff like this enough.

DirtyD 12-20-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMLOL (Post 59344)
Bolt-ons... Stupid question: How are companies able to make aftermarket parts and have them ready for market when the car just got a complete redesign and was released maybe six weeks ago?

Well it was technicall more than simple bolt-ons, but bolt-ons in GM terms. LOL

Companies have been using the already released Silverado LT1 motor for some initial design and testing since it came out a few months before the C7 did.
Quote:

Embedded it for you.

Yup, but there will always be those with pocket book limits higher than their IQ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 59348)
Huh? I guess I don't keep up with stuff like this enough.

Couple years ago many law suits were filed against him for tearing apart peoples cars, shoddy installs, selling off car parts and using them to complete other projects even after people had paid.

Basically fraud.

Dominic Toretto 12-20-2013 03:13 PM

Good job Chevrolet! The C7 is incredible.

Quote:

Embedded it for you.

Respect from who? He bounced back fairly well and is getting a lot of positive commentary and feedback.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto 12-20-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 59351)
Couple years ago many law suits were filed against him for tearing apart peoples cars, shoddy installs, selling off car parts and using them to complete other projects even after people had paid.

Basically fraud.

Maybe the price of the Venom is to cover court costs and attorney fees. Otherwise there is NO reason that car should be that much.

-Alex

DirtyD 12-20-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 59352)
Good job Chevrolet! The C7 is incredible.

Respect from who? He bounced back fairly well and is getting a lot of positive commentary and feedback.

-Alex

From mainly new customers, a lot of whom probably don't know the full details of what happened in the past with the shop. Many people who have been around the hobby for awhile will say that they don't have much respect for him anymore as a person.

I personally don't know, but I've read a good number of forums and threads about everything. I'm sure he did change his tone on how he runs the business, because he's obviously doing pretty damn good. But it's still a haunting figure of his past.

DirtyD 12-20-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 59353)
Maybe the price of the Venom is to cover court costs and attorney fees. Otherwise there is NO reason that car should be that much.

-Alex

Why not? They actually did take their time to create and do R&D on that car, even if it's a glorified kit car. No to mention materials, tooling, and everything else needs to produce some of those parts in house and/or third party.

Dominic Toretto 12-20-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 59355)
Why not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 59355)
it's a glorified kit car.

That's why.

For a million dollars there is no excuse for that highschool shop-class interior. I respect the speed and bodywork... but that could have all been done for a fraction of the price. Just sayin.

-Alex

Grandpa 12-20-2013 04:22 PM

In my opinion the Venom isn't a very nice car. The one I saw in person was pretty janky. Panels didn't line up very well, paint was subpar, rattled like crazy etc. Hennessey was just charging an insane amount of money based off his reputation and his "record" and frankly, because he could. He still has some very loyal customers who have a lot of money and good standing with the factories cuz he doesn't screw them over. He saves that for his customers who aren't loaded.

Dominic Toretto 12-20-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 59358)
In my opinion the Venom isn't a very nice car. The one I saw in person was pretty janky. Panels didn't line up very well, paint was subpar, rattled like crazy etc. Hennessey was just charging an insane amount of money based off his reputation and his "record" and frankly, because he could. He still has some very loyal customers who have a lot of money and good standing with the factories cuz he doesn't screw them over. He saves that for his customers who aren't loaded.

I have not seen one in person but, from the pics I have seen I do certainly agree. Everyone that reviews the car like it for it's speed and give it a pass on the shoddy build quality, interior is hot garbage and what not. I do give credit where credit is due and the car is a beast but, definitely not worth a million dollars.

For someone that can afford a car of this price range, I'd go for a Koenigsegg or Zonda(which are not kit cars) all day over this.

-Alex