Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Foxbody 5.0s (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   I joined the 5.0 Fox club! (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3617)

1andonlywhitie 02-07-2014 10:49 PM

I joined the 5.0 Fox club!

3 Attachment(s)
So my original plan was to pick up my parents '08 GT/CS but after looking at numbers it made more sense to go with something a little older/cheaper. After looking at a few cars I found/picked up a '91 hatch today!

I attached a couple pictures from the ad for the car, I'll snap some better ones tomorrow if it clears up a bit, the car got nasty driving back in the snow/rain!

Watch for me, I'll be around in it! It's the new daily after all..

STROKD 02-07-2014 11:42 PM

Nice ass car! Lpve that color on a lx hatch. Be careful with it till it warms up, they like to turn backwards with blowers if your suspension is stock. Lol

1andonlywhitie 02-08-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 63767)
Nice ass car! Lpve that color on a lx hatch. Be careful with it till it warms up, they like to turn backwards with blowers if your suspension is stock. Lol

With springs, control arms, fresh bushings, sub-frame connectors and DR's I'm hoping it'll hook up nicely. We'll find out when it's dry enough outside. Lol.

moostang09 02-08-2014 01:53 AM

Looks great! I love those wheels on that color car!! Clean pick up. Congrats!

Dominic Toretto 02-08-2014 11:04 AM

Man that car looks clean as fawk in those pics! Nice find!

-Alex

re-rx7 02-08-2014 11:24 AM

Nice.

STROKD 02-08-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andonlywhitie (Post 63776)
With springs, control arms, fresh bushings, sub-frame connectors and DR's I'm hoping it'll hook up nicely. We'll find out when it's dry enough outside. Lol.

Thats a good start... id buy some heim joint adjustable upper control arms, set the proper pinion angle and it will dig in and hook a ton better than now.

juiced86stang 02-08-2014 12:57 PM

Looks good. Is that an old powerdyne blower?? I haven't seen one of those in years.

1andonlywhitie 02-08-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiced86stang (Post 63821)
Looks good. Is that an old powerdyne blower?? I haven't seen one of those in years.

Sure is! I got the original booklet with it too! Cool thing is that there's a company out there still making the maintenance parts for them.

juiced86stang 02-08-2014 01:04 PM

Nice!!!!

blownaltered 02-08-2014 06:59 PM

Nice fox. Got any plans for it?

1andonlywhitie 02-08-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 63853)
Nice fox. Got any plans for it?

Honestly not really...it's gonna go to TrueStreet and get checked out, make sure its a safe daily tune and then after that just rock it back and forth to work, tidy up little things as I go.

Only problem I'm facing is it was in the shop today getting an alternator and battery they managed to strip the alternator mounting hole. No freaking idea how. So yeah... I get to wait until at least Monday now... :favorites68:

garner 02-09-2014 02:14 AM

Clean fox!

M3AN 1 02-12-2014 10:02 AM

Looks like a stout car, good luck with it!

gip99gt 02-13-2014 10:26 PM

Congrats on the new project. Welcome to the "Money Pit Club":)

Slow Five-O 02-13-2014 10:38 PM

Awesome. Love the color

1andonlywhitie 02-15-2014 08:44 PM

Got the car back from TrueStreet this evening... 434WHP and 442WTQ... :signs1:

STROKD 02-17-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andonlywhitie (Post 64675)
Got the car back from TrueStreet this evening... 434WHP and 442WTQ... :signs1:

Thats not bad at all... all stock long block? or does it have heads and cam?

1andonlywhitie 02-17-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 64815)
Thats not bad at all... all stock long block? or does it have heads and cam?

No idea on the bottom end, the previous owner told me it was stock. I know it's got intake, heads and cam, running about 6-7psi of boost. It was running lean as all hell (good thing I didn't dog on it) so TrueStreet added in a little more fuel, changed the plugs and ran it on the dyno. Numbers make it a nice daily while staying streetable..

1andonlywhitie 02-18-2014 11:31 AM

The 6-rib belt for the blower decided last night it wanted to be a 5-rib so it's sitting on my desk here at work. I guess tonight at 9pm when I get off work I get to go down to the car (parked it next to a dealership) and replace that belt on the roadside. The joys of modified cars!

EDIT: Not the belt. Supercharger headunit seized and shredded the belt. Fuck.

STROKD 02-19-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andonlywhitie (Post 64881)
The 6-rib belt for the blower decided last night it wanted to be a 5-rib so it's sitting on my desk here at work. I guess tonight at 9pm when I get off work I get to go down to the car (parked it next to a dealership) and replace that belt on the roadside. The joys of modified cars!

EDIT: Not the belt. Supercharger headunit seized and shredded the belt. Fuck.

Now what? Do those blowers have a repair place since tgey are out of biz?

blownaltered 02-19-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 65028)

I've heard there is a guy that rebuilds them but I can't remember who it is.

STROKD 02-19-2014 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 65031)

Well that doesnt help the poor guy. Lol

TrueStreetTim 02-19-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 65031)

I heard a guy had a Powerdyne at TSM.....DONNY. Any idea if yours would be a suitable replacement?

1andonlywhitie 02-19-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STROKD (Post 65028)

A place called 928 Motorsports has rebuild services and sells all the necessary parts as these blowers are actually relatively simple internally. I'm pulling the unit tonight in the garage to see what really happened. It looks clean looking in from the backside of the blower but that front pulley isn't budging. If I'm lucky it's just an internal drive belt that failed and got wedged that I can replace and be good to roll...

The other option I have is track down a good used unit, preferably just the blower itself, off another car (P/N: BD-11 or BD-11A) for a couple hundred bucks and just bolt it up and go. The replacement belts (if that's all it needs) run $50-80 depending on brand and quality so for a little more money a second blower would be good as then I'll have spares etc. I scoured a few forums and Craigslist to no avail... if anyone has one or knows someone with one they want to offload cheap let me know.

Tim...you guys don't have a spare, good condition BD-11 stuck in a corner somewhere? Lol.

TrueStreetTim 02-19-2014 03:15 PM

....I have a BD-11A. Uncertain of it's condition 100%. Blownaltered should be able to shed some light on that matter.

1andonlywhitie 02-19-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim (Post 65050)
....I have a BD-11A. Uncertain of it's condition 100%. Blownaltered should be able to shed some light on that matter.

Oh really? Let me shoot him a PM...

STROKD 02-19-2014 04:00 PM

928 Motorsports is a good shop, should repair it no problem.

blownaltered 02-19-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Not my blower. The only one I got is on my car. Now if you have a 76 mm turbo laying around you want to say is mine I will take that all day long. :D

1andonlywhitie 02-19-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Since it's not blownaltered's it appears you have an unclaimed BD-11A... If it is in decent shape maybe we can come to an agreement on it lol. Let me know, it would be pretty awesome to get this sucker back together tonight...

blownaltered 02-19-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andonlywhitie (Post 65068)
Since it's not blownaltered's it appears you have an unclaimed BD-11A... If it is in decent shape maybe we can come to an agreement on it lol. Let me know, it would be pretty awesome to get this sucker back together tonight...

It's a damn shame I'm an honest person. I so could have sold that damn thing and made me a quick buck, but it would haunt me for months for doing it.

I hope you get her up and running again soon. It oissed me off when I at my p1sc on my old GT.

1andonlywhitie 02-19-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 65069)
It's a damn shame I'm an honest person. I so could have sold that damn thing and made me a quick buck, but it would haunt me for months for doing it.

I hope you get her up and running again soon. It oissed me off when I at my p1sc on my old GT.

I appreciate the honesty lol. Now if Tim will work out what the deal is on it maybe I can snag it off them and get this turd running again... I've had the car for like 2 weeks and it seems I've barely even used it...

TrueStreetTim 02-19-2014 06:51 PM

Some reason I thought it was yours, Donny. Maybe because all your %#*& is ancient :hahano:

I'm working on it as we speak.

blownaltered 02-19-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim (Post 65074)
Some reason I thought it was yours, Donny. Maybe because all your %#*& is ancient :hahano:

I'm working on it as we speak.

My car parts are like me, old and broke in.

1andonlywhitie 02-19-2014 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 65081)
My car parts are like me, old and broke in.

'Experienced'

I'm gonna use that next time I sell a car... ran when parked, motor has lots of prior experience....

1andonlywhitie 02-19-2014 10:27 PM

So I took the blower unit off and opened it up on the drive belt side expecting to see carnage... what I actually see is.....nothing really. Pulleys and drive belt look great, bearings on the top side look good. Only thing I do see, tiny little fragments of what look like a bearing, the weird thing is both pulleys are right where they need to be but they don't spin which is real odd as that side of the blower is isolated from the side that actually moves the air... more updates to come...

EDIT 1: Took off the back side of the blower, impeller looks good. Has a little wear on the fins but nothing to be too worried about. After a little looking with the flashlight it looks like the bearing that sits between the impeller and the drive pulley (on the same shaft) has seized. Need to somehow break loose the components on that shaft to get down to the problem, of course it's something BURIED in there, couldn't be an easy fix... on the plus side getting back into being able to work on this kinda stuff has been nice, kinda missed it...

EDIT 2: With no puller/press for bearings I subbed out the bearing replacement to TrueStreet. Hopefully they can hook me up on it and I'll put it all back together... I want my damn car...

1andonlywhitie 02-21-2014 07:32 PM

Car's fucked. Blower rebuild is more money than I have, car's in pieces in the garage. Straight up S.O.L. Traded in my fucking '13 Dodge and used equity to buy this in the plan on not having a payment...yeah that plan didn't work. /Rant.

1andonlywhitie 03-01-2014 10:36 AM

Got the blower back together and back on the car... runs good, took a mile or two to get its adaptations back after sitting with the battery unhooked for days on end.

Hopefully that's it for teething issues getting this thing daily ready..

Doug 01-31-2016 01:41 AM

Hows it running now?