Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How do you use your car? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3860)

Grandpa 03-20-2014 10:05 AM

How do you use your car?

I'm curious, what is your choice how you use your car? With so many different options of the hobby these days, what is your choice?

Spirited street driving?

Drag strip?

Autocross?

Drift?

Roll racing? (including standing mile/half mile events)

Car shows?

Daily driver only?

saunupe1911 03-20-2014 10:16 AM

Good post! My car is a daily driver with track oriented parts that I put in use for spirited street driving. And to be honest, you have to drive aggressive in the DFW.

Dominic Toretto 03-20-2014 10:18 AM

Spirited street driving and daily driver. Steve you should setup a poll.

-Alex

downtime! 03-20-2014 10:29 AM

I used to race mine. It's slow/stock again, so she's just a daily driver now.

Dominic Toretto 03-20-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtime! (Post 67222)

No longer boosted?

-Alex

DirtyD 03-20-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 67218)
I'm curious, what is your choice how you use your car? With so many different options of the hobby these days, what is your choice?

Spirited street driving?
Check

Drag strip?
Check

Autocross?
Check

Drift?

Roll racing? (including standing mile/half mile events)

Car shows?

Daily driver?
Check

Of course I've only drag raced it twice, once at an actual drag strip. Other than that, it's my DD with some spirited driving and AutoX mixed in.

Crimson600+HP 03-20-2014 10:37 AM

Track primarily. Road race is what the car is built for and puts the most miles on. After that, I drag it a little, standing mile, and an occasional auto-x. Maybe gets daily driven once a week, but now I tow her to all the events I go to with my truck.

saunupe1911 03-20-2014 10:45 AM

Yeah most of us was at that Texas Metroplex drag event so yeah I've dragged raced once. I've smoked a few bimmers and LX cars on the tollway for giggles lol that stuff wasn't my main reason for usage. I just wanted a badazz street machine

Pewter Lurch 03-20-2014 10:47 AM

Spirited daily driving.

donutninja 03-20-2014 10:51 AM

Daily spirited driving around town and Auto-X. Used to drift a little but kind of afraid to with a new car that isn't paid off yet XD. So no Dorifto for a while.

Grandpa 03-20-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 (Post 67219)
Good post! My car is a daily driver with track oriented parts that I put in use for spirited street driving. And to be honest, you have to drive aggressive in the DFW.

Very true! DFW traffic is nuts. I was on 635 the other day and it's nuts over there! That construction is crazy and people still driving with no care at all!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 67220)
Spirited street driving and daily driver. Steve you should setup a poll.

-Alex

You're right, I should have made one. Was a little distracted with the PM's. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtime! (Post 67222)

Boooo. Life without boost sucks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by donutninja (Post 67230)
Daily spirited driving around town and Auto-X. Used to drift a little but kind of afraid to with a new car that isn't paid off yet XD. So no Dorifto for a while.

I've always wanted to learn car control like that to be able to slide a car around, but I'm too much of a sissy to abuse my car like that. I've gotten old and hate fixing stuff cuz I broke it! lol

Plus the expensive wheels on my car really discouraged me from trying it. My 5.0 is the most gently used 5.0 ever. lol!

Now my CTS-V on the other hand, I think is a natural drift machine. It's completely useless on these Kumho tires and easy as hell to slide around!:bowroflwerd6:

BERT 03-20-2014 11:35 AM

Daily Driver only. Can probably count on my hands how many times I've made pulls with this thing. Sucks getting old

blownaltered 03-20-2014 11:39 AM

Car show, spirited driving sometimes, the occasional Mexico run and more than anything cruising.

PCB 03-20-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 67236)
Car show, spirited driving sometimes, the occasional Mexico run and losing to steves cts-v.

:insane:

Grandpa 03-20-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCB (Post 67238)
:insane:

LOL! You just couldn't resist, could ya? haha.

He should have me easily covered. He makes more power, lighter and on Mickeys!!