Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Have you raced a Terminator? (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3053)

Grandpa 11-06-2013 01:05 PM

Have you raced a Terminator?

A hot topic of debate on SVTP is the constant rivalry of the 5.0 vs Terminators. I was wondering how many of you have raced one, what mods it had and the results.

I personally haven't had the chance to race one as of yet. I honestly don't even see them around very much anymore.

WOMACK03 11-06-2013 02:47 PM

Those threads are just the normal pissing matches, usually about other peoples cars, which is just hilliarous. I refuse to get involved with those kind of senarios, because there is no point. I like the people I hang around with for who they are, not just what they drive. Speculation is just silly, and I believe most of you guys know the value of a Terminator, and I would be lying if I said that some of the new mustangs didn't make my nether regions tingle.
I can only speak about fact and reality:
I paid 22k for my car as it sits now, 7 years ago. You would be hard pressed to find better bang for the buck. Is it the fastest: not by a long shot, but it looks rather sexy; even when its in parked.

Grandpa 11-06-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOMACK03 (Post 55520)
Those threads are just the normal pissing matches, usually about other peoples cars, which is just hilliarous. I refuse to get involved with those kind of senarios, because there is no point. I like the people I hang around with for who they are, not just what they drive. Speculation is just silly, and I believe most of you guys know the value of a Terminator, and I would be lying if I said that some of the new mustangs didn't make my nether regions tingle.
I can only speak about fact and reality:
I paid 22k for my car as it sits now, 7 years ago. You would be hard pressed to find better bang for the buck. Is it the fastest: not by a long shot, but it looks rather sexy; even when its in parked.

Whoa...he's...alive.

Dominic Toretto 11-06-2013 03:15 PM

I view those Cobras similarly to MK4 Supras, decently fast stock, humblingly fast modded. You may have a chance to win if they are BONE STOCK but, what's the chance of one being bone stock, especially if it wants to race? Mad respect for the Cobras. Chances are, unless the 5.0 is blown, you don't stand a chance street racing a Cobra.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto 11-06-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WOMACK03 (Post 55520)
I paid 22k for my car as it sits now, 7 years ago.

DAMN! Weren't those cars retailing for over $40k?

-Alex

WOMACK03 11-06-2013 03:35 PM

Probably mid 30's with all the work the previous owner had done(built short block and whipple). He wanted a Z06, and made me a great deal.

JDMLOL 11-06-2013 03:37 PM

I run into more exotics than I do Terminators. I love them and wish I could own one. Could I have picked one of those up instead of buying a new 5.0? Yeah and sometimes I wish I had. At this age though, I do not find it practical to spend 25k+ for a nine or ten year old car. If I were older and were in the position to buy one and leave it in a garage except for maybe several days out of the year, I would buy one. I hope one day I find a stock low mileage one to buy. How nice would it be if you could go back in time to buy up several Terminators and MK4 Supra Turbos off the lot and just throw them in a storage unit for about 15 or 20 years? Back to the topic. If we are a relatively stock or even bolt-on/tune 5.0 I'd say our ass is grass if we ran into a pulley/bolt-on/tune Cobra. We may have a chance against a stock one.

WOMACK03 11-06-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 55521)
Whoa...he's...alive.

I am good sir!

Midnight11 11-06-2013 09:13 PM

Yes killed a stock one with exhaust

Beat a tuned full exhaust and intake one by 1 car

Dead even with brads setup

Dan12GT 11-06-2013 09:24 PM

Haven't had the chance to race one either but I agree if one is willing to race they may have a stronger chance of being modded which all depends on whats done. Stock for Stock I think the 5.0 takes it but the potential in those things are unmatched.

Phuck Phace 11-06-2013 09:44 PM

I raced Gary.

downtime! 11-06-2013 10:09 PM

Encountered a black '04 in Mexico the other night. He tried the old ricer "sneak up and blow by me" trick, but I saw him coming up and had already downshifted into 3rd and was waiting on him. He was not pleased with the results.

DirtyD 11-06-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downtime! (Post 55577)
Encountered a black '04 in Mexico the other night. He tried the old ricer "sneak up and blow by me" trick, but I saw him coming up and had already downshifted into 3rd and was waiting on him. He was not pleased with the results.

Wonder if that was Eric. Lol

BLK2012GT 11-06-2013 10:44 PM

I raced a terminator once.

STROKD 11-06-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 55582)
I raced a terminator once.

Lmfao..