Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   300a option questions (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3152)

BERT 11-18-2013 06:38 PM

300a option questions

was reading through the owners manual and was wondering why I couldn't get a couple of things to work. First is the compass (N S E W you know), I did what it told me to to make it come up and nothing. Second, I tried to find my number on my radio and couldn't get it to come up. Trying to see if I could get the 6months serius free. Maybe I can't get these with my base model 5.0 or maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Base model is pretty boring lol

DirtyD 11-18-2013 08:09 PM

Since you don't have sync, I don't think you have the option of the number on the radio, or whatever it is you're after.

As for the compass, I would think that would me standard on every single trim level

garner 11-19-2013 01:51 AM

Satellite radio is only on the premium trim level sadly :(

Not sure about the compass

BERT 11-19-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garner (Post 56936)
Satellite radio is only on the premium trim level sadly :(

Not sure about the compass

Then why even give me the damn button?!?!?!?!?! Ford just teasing me

Grandpa 11-19-2013 12:50 PM

Now that I've had it awhile, I can't imagine being without the Sync now. I love being able to stream Amazon/Pandora and play all the music on a USB stick through the port.

BERT 11-19-2013 12:55 PM

Hell i'd be happy just being able to control my ipod with my steering wheel controls instead of having to grab my ipod every time I want to change songs lol

Grandpa 11-19-2013 12:59 PM

Oh damn, forgot about that. Having no steering controls would suck! I rarely ever touch the radio at all cuz I'm so used to it on the steering wheel!

Dominic Toretto 11-19-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 56962)
I love being able to stream Amazon/Pandora and play all the music on a USB stick through the port.

This. I installed an aftermarket CD player in my old Corvette with a USB port and was so happy to be done with loads of CDs cluttering the interior. Playing music from USB FTMFW! Oddly enough my phone again became unsynced from the radio. I don't even care, the car and the phone go through break ups apparently. Wonder when they will get back together.

-Alex

BERT 11-19-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 56964)
Oh damn, forgot about that. Having no steering controls would suck! I rarely ever touch the radio at all cuz I'm so used to it on the steering wheel!

I have control buttons on the wheel, just not as many as you. I can control the radio and cd player but that's about it. Just wish I could plug the iPod in and use the skip button on the wheel.

GunsUp 11-19-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Now that I've had it awhile, I can't imagine being without the Sync now. I love being able to stream Amazon/Pandora and play all the music on a USB stick through the port.

+1 sucks looking at 14's now because I don't want a base

BERT 11-19-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

OH!! I don't even have a usb port! This topic is just depressing

BERT 11-19-2013 02:01 PM

You know, this whole "while in the car" situation is the whole reason I went to the dealership wanting a Focus ST. I wanted all the bells and whistles. I'm happy with my mustang, it would just be nice having all the creature comforts *sigh*

GunsUp 11-19-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT (Post 56976)
OH!! I don't even have a usb port! This topic is just depressing

You don't have one in your center console...?

Grandpa 11-19-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 56975)
+1 sucks looking at 14's now because I don't want a base

Why upgrade to a 14? It's not really much of an upgrade at all from your current car.

GunsUp 11-19-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 56979)
Why upgrade to a 14? It's not really much of an upgrade at all from your current car.

It doesn't look like I am going to. Just saying