Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Site Comments & Feedback (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Why do you mods always delete crap (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2131)

JDBishopArts 07-02-2013 05:58 PM

A couple of the posts were a little overboard. It's not also only about the people on here but the sponsors who help keep the site running. I'm not a mod here but have been on some other sites and that is one thing people have to keep in mind.

Plus, while some people might know you, your jokes and personality (and I mean that generally and not specifically to one person, me included), some might not. This is a new site which doesn't have the foundation of solid, contributing member base. Or solid contributing sponsor base. We don't need to accidentally run any of them off if they see "drama".

Most of us are all friends here. Doesn't mean we can't have some fun but discretion is appreciated I'm sure. Let's try to keep it a fun environment. This site is different than the others in the area and let's try to keep it that way.

BLK2012GT 07-02-2013 06:03 PM

This place would get very fucking boring without me.

blownaltered 07-02-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT (Post 38389)
This place would get very fucking boring without me.

and faster :nutkick:

Selcouth 07-02-2013 06:17 PM

Wait what? You mean we have some liberals around these parts?

BLK2012GT 07-02-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selcouth (Post 38392)
Wait what? You mean we have some liberals around these parts?

Yeah way too many.

rriddle3 07-02-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownaltered (Post 38366)
Tell your 12 year old daughter to stay off a car website dominated by men. Your job as a parent to control what your kids read and watch. Not for the rest of us to have to be sensored or have someone sensor us.

I don't have a 12 year old daughter and from your reply, I doubt that you do, either. Unless a site is locked to the general public, you have no idea who might be looking at it or from where they are accessing it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts (Post 38388)
A couple of the posts were a little overboard. It's not also only about the people on here but the sponsors who help keep the site running. I'm not a mod here but have been on some other sites and that is one thing people have to keep in mind.

Plus, while some people might know you, your jokes and personality (and I mean that generally and not specifically to one person, me included), some might not. This is a new site which doesn't have the foundation of solid, contributing member base. Or solid contributing sponsor base. We don't need to accidentally run any of them off if they see "drama".

Most of us are all friends here. Doesn't mean we can't have some fun but discretion is appreciated I'm sure. Let's try to keep it a fun environment. This site is different than the others in the area and let's try to keep it that way.

SPONSORS!! ADVERTISERS!! That's the big point right there. I'll give just one guess what their advertising dollars are not attracted to.

blownaltered 07-02-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rriddle3 (Post 38394)
I don't have a 12 year old daughter and from your reply, I doubt that you do, either. Unless a site is locked to the general public, you have no idea who might be looking at it or from where they are accessing it.

SPONSORS!! ADVERTISERS!! That's the big point right there. I'll give just one guess what their advertising dollars are not attracted to.

No 12 year old girl here, just two boys and I will watch to make sure they stay off this crap till they are a certain age.

The advertisers also pay in hopes more people sign up here, but if there isn't any new posts or activity new people will not stick around. Have to have some kind of content. The bitching in that thread was childs play compaired to other boards with more advertisers so you can't say anything about that.