Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Introduction (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dallas Newbie (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1939)

Boomer 06-10-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 34040)
Welcome, did you get the car from Bankston of Burleson? I might be able to give a shout to my buddies there for you.

No, I got it from Grapevine Ford, but the car was serviced at Autonation Ford in Burleson on 5/13 and then offered for sale in Grapevine on 5/28. I appreciate any feedback anyone has, like I said my biggest thing is to know if there has been a retune after pulling all the parts off. My plan is to get it over to someone like HPP to see where its running but it may be a couple of weeks before I can get it in there.

DirtyD 06-10-2013 08:58 AM

Dammit, I was hoping to see that car around Burleson a few more times in person. LOL

Welcome to the site man! Definitely a very clean car you got yourself!

Rebelracer568 06-10-2013 09:28 AM

I know the owner, I bought some of the mods that were previously installed on this car.
Welcome to the site
Nice ride

Bearded Banger 06-10-2013 09:30 AM

Dallas Newbie

Welcome

Boomer 06-10-2013 12:17 PM

Thanks everyone!

Luke 06-10-2013 12:43 PM

I'm pretty sure I know the guy that did the work for him on it, not sure if he pulled the parts off though. He owns a turbo car so I'd assume he didn't just remove the parts and not retune it. Standby and I'll see what else I can find out.

Boomer 06-10-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 34084)
I'm pretty sure I know the guy that did the work for him on it, not sure if he pulled the parts off though. He owns a turbo car so I'd assume he didn't just remove the parts and not retune it. Standby and I'll see what else I can find out.

Awesome! Thanks, I appreciate the info!

Luke 06-10-2013 01:15 PM

Just got word, he said the car is currently on the factory tune and that he had installed the nitrous and had it tuned but never sprayed it.

Boomer 06-10-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 34091)
Just got word, he said the car is currently on the factory tune and that he had installed the nitrous and had it tuned but never sprayed it.

Thanks Luke! That helps a lot, I can only assume the car was sprayed during the dyno tuning in order for him to get that 550rwhp and 397rwhp on motor. Regardless the mileage is low, at 4700 so I think the engine will be fine!

Luke 06-10-2013 01:46 PM

Glad I could help

GunsUp 06-12-2013 10:40 AM

Welcome, dig the color

Boomer 06-12-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunsUp (Post 34326)
Welcome, dig the color

Thanks!

TrueStreetTim 06-12-2013 04:09 PM

:welcome:

Dark Pony 06-12-2013 08:58 PM

Welcome! That's Brand's old car. Very clean! It had a Zex wet kit on it, but as you said, it was never sprayed other than on the Dyno.

Boomer 06-12-2013 09:35 PM

Thanks guys! The car is nice but I had a lot of issues today with the dealership because they didn't inspect the car properly. The hid kit on it didn't have a dual mode so there were no brights. The driver side was burned out, the ballast had a crack in it because it came loose from the tape it was secured to. Instead of replacing with a new kit that has high/low beam they removed everything even out of the fog lights and its all back to OEM spec even though they said they would replace with HID.

Because the car has 4.10's in it Ford is telling the dealer they can't recalibrate the ecu or it voids the warranty. It has the factory warranty but I bought extra to cover any issues. So long @$$ story,, but they are going to have HPP Racing recalibrate the speedo to read correctly but if the car ever needs transmission or rear end work done, I have to have the calibration removed in order for them to warranty any work. It's become a pain in the @$$ right now and I will need to put a panhard bar on it since the aftermarket one was removed before it was traded in and the rear is off center.

Yes the car is nice and hopefully I don't have any issues down the road because of this gearing! Headlights I can deal with for now. End of rant! Lol!