Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   BigWorm Graphix (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   GTCS Foglight Tint Quote (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3346)

Dominic Toretto 12-26-2013 12:03 PM

GTCS Foglight Tint Quote

So far, no yellow tint is available(at least not specific) to the foglights for the 2011-2012 GTCS. Just wondering what the cost would be for this. Thanks.

-Alex

bigwormgraphix 01-04-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 59598)
So far, no yellow tint is available(at least not specific) to the foglights for the 2011-2012 GTCS. Just wondering what the cost would be for this. Thanks.

-Alex

Correct, due to the shape of the lens the tint won't lay down flat - it wrinkles up on the edges due to the curve of the lens. We have tested several different patterns/install techniques with no success.

my95z28 01-04-2014 01:11 PM

Are you wanting just the light to be yellow when you turn them on or did you actually want the lens to be yellow?

If you just want the light to be yellow with a clear lens, some 3000K HIDS would do the trick.

If you're looking for the lens to be yellow, maybe try a good body shop? I learned with fbodys that the BEST way to tint tail lights is to have an actual painter do it. They mix some black and clear together and it forms a tint, looks awesome. Smooth as paint and much better than the usual nightshades hack job.

Craizie 01-04-2014 01:15 PM

On a semi related note: Does anyone know the K of the factory 2014gt head lights? I'd like to match my fog lights as close to them as possible and am not sure on what HID kit I need.

DirtyD 01-04-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craizie (Post 60235)
On a semi related note: Does anyone know the K of the factory 2014gt head lights? I'd like to match my fog lights as close to them as possible and am not sure on what HID kit I need.

Most factory HIDs are between 4300K and 4500K

bigwormgraphix 01-08-2014 11:19 AM

We have yellow, green or optic blue tint available for all other fog lights - unfortunately the GT/CS style fog lights are the only ones that the material won't work on.

Dominic Toretto 01-08-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwormgraphix (Post 60220)
Correct, due to the shape of the lens the tint won't lay down flat - it wrinkles up on the edges due to the curve of the lens. We have tested several different patterns/install techniques with no success.

Oh okay, thank you for the response. I figured as much but, figured I should check with the professionals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by my95z28 (Post 60234)
Are you wanting just the light to be yellow when you turn them on or did you actually want the lens to be yellow?

If you just want the light to be yellow with a clear lens, some 3000K HIDS would do the trick.

If you're looking for the lens to be yellow, maybe try a good body shop? I learned with fbodys that the BEST way to tint tail lights is to have an actual painter do it. They mix some black and clear together and it forms a tint, looks awesome. Smooth as paint and much better than the usual nightshades hack job.

That was my next question, about actually tinting the lenses. Time to search around for the guy on here that has the body shop.

-Alex

Dan12GT 01-08-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwormgraphix (Post 60220)

I am really surprised you guys can't use heat to form the tint to the curves of the fog lamp...

bigwormgraphix 01-08-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 60563)
I am really surprised you guys can't use heat to form the tint to the curves of the fog lamp...

There is too much of a curve, sometimes we can get them to lay down but then they lift up a day or two later.

DirtyD 01-08-2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 60563)

Try to wrap some vinyl around a golfball and see how it goes.

Dan12GT 01-08-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 60567)
Try to wrap some vinyl around a golfball and see how it goes.

The pits in a golf ball I think would present the biggest problems

DirtyD 01-08-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan12GT (Post 60574)
The pits in a golf ball I think would present the biggest problems

I'm speaking in terms of change of diameter. it's a much tighter radius, and the vinyl is just too rigid.