Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Calling out the built/nitrous stang (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2771)

Junkie 09-25-2013 11:49 PM

Calling out the built/nitrous stang

I don't think I remember his SN. Blackstang or something maybe? Big bad NA combo with a 300 shot.

Heads up
1/4 or 1/8

My mild Viper vs your built stang. I'll be on an 18" drag radial with factory wheels up front.

Zeek 09-25-2013 11:58 PM

You know he ran like a 25 something in the 1/4 right?

Slow Five-O 09-26-2013 12:04 AM

Might be a better race for your cummins

Doug 09-26-2013 12:10 AM

Lol. That's Jeff. Not sure he's even used the nitrous yet.

Grandpa 09-26-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 51392)
Lol. That's Jeff. Not sure he's even used the nitrous yet.

I dont think so either. He has been really busy as of late. He still needs seat time in the car and hasnt even made a nitrous hit in it. Last i spoke to him about it he was talking about boosting it instead.

Stangmaster281 09-26-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 51393)
I dont think so either. He has been really busy as of late. He still needs seat time in the car and hasnt even made a nitrous hit in it. Last i spoke to him about it he was talking about boosting it instead.

I'm sorry I just have to ask this question, but....why didn't he do that in the first place?

Doug 09-26-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 51393)
I dont think so either. He has been really busy as of late. He still needs seat time in the car and hasnt even made a nitrous hit in it. Last i spoke to him about it he was talking aboit boosting it instead.

Oh man.. I hope he hits the nitrous at least once.

Grandpa 09-26-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangmaster281 (Post 51394)
I'm sorry I just have to ask this question, but....why didn't he do that in the first place?

Sometimes people just change their minds about what they want. I don't blame him really. Boosted set ups are less hassle, set it and forget it. Nitrous systems are more involved with constant monitoring and refilling bottles. I don't blame him at all really.

Junkie 09-26-2013 10:31 AM

The car on nitrous should be fast! I hadn't seen him mention it recently so assumed he was learning to race the car. Motor to motor I think I would cover him, but on spray he can outrun me.

Grandpa 09-26-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 51403)
The car on nitrous should be fast! I hadn't seen him mention it recently so assumed he was learning to race the car. Motor to motor I think I would cover him, but on spray he can outrun me.

He's got other things going on, new baby/baby mama, bowling etc. I think at this point he's just content with having the car back in his garage being able to drive it after being in and out of the shop for so long.

Bearded Banger 09-26-2013 10:46 AM

I think after his massive amounts of shit talking, not producing, technical issues with the car that had to be sorted out, he may have learned a lesson and is laying low.

TrueStreetTim 09-26-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 51395)
Oh man.. I hope he hits the nitrous at least once.

This.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 51400)
Sometimes people just change their minds about what they want. I don't blame him really. Boosted set ups are less hassle, set it and forget it. Nitrous systems are more involved with constant monitoring and refilling bottles. I don't blame him at all really.

This. His goals were definitely different before baby #3 became a factor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 51403)

And this!

Quote:

I think after his massive amounts of shit talking, not producing, technical issues with the car that had to be sorted out, he may have learned a lesson and is laying low.
My beard may have surpassed yours!

DirtyD 09-26-2013 10:49 AM

I think he has been humbled down a little since all that.

I know he was talking about "what if Whipple came out with a 4.5L s/c for the 5.0?" And then they did...

Junkie 09-26-2013 10:52 AM

Twins! Fuck those giant PD blower heat pumps.

TrueStreetTim 09-26-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkie (Post 51409)
Twins! Fuck those giant PD blower heat pumps.

:patriot: