Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   Introduction (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New mustang owner from arlington (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3099)

toomnymods 11-11-2013 10:02 PM

New mustang owner from arlington

Bought my 2014 Sterling gray Gt back in Sept. but just found this site today.. so far I've been modding it slowly, buts it's kinda difficult living in HOA, lol
Either way it'll get done, just might take a little longer if I have to pay performance shops to do everything for me.
do we ever have events or gatherings?
Would like to meet some of the other mustang owners in the DFW area..

Grandpa 11-11-2013 10:36 PM

Welcome. There is constant GTG and events going on all the time. Most of the time they posted on the FB group page. PM Midnight11 to be added to the group.

Btw, Sterling Grey is the slowest color! :p

toomnymods 11-11-2013 10:47 PM

Thanks for the info..

Lol yea it feels pretty slow atm compared to my turbocharged nissan titan i had. but that wont be for much longer.. Just wish i would've put the 25k-30k i had invested into modifying that into this platform. Live and learn, lol

Hopefully you guys like to dragrace and do cruise nights as i miss the friendships i had in my last carclub i was in in california..

03MachMe 11-11-2013 11:13 PM

Welcome! There are g2g and such from time to time. I know a couple of us are going to the autocross races in Crandall on the 24th

DirtyD 11-12-2013 12:11 AM

Welcome! I'm not far from you. I know there is a weekly meet at the Fuzzy's off Debbie Ln, but can't remember the day it happen.

Stangmaster281 11-12-2013 01:05 AM

^ The meet dirtyD is talking about is on Saturdays and we have a thread for it in the events section if you have any questions. And welcome to the forum. We're actually meeting up this saturday if you wanna' join in for the fun, except it's not going to be at fuzzy's this week.

toomnymods 11-12-2013 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 56164)
Welcome! There are g2g and such from time to time. I know a couple of us are going to the autocross races in Crandall on the 24th

I'd definatly like to start doing autocross races, looks so fun I've never done one though S0 might be good for me to take some classes first? hate to look like the idiot out there. I'll be adding like 2k of BMR suspension/koni yellows in the next week or so, just trying to find someone to help me install it.

toomnymods 11-12-2013 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 56176)
Welcome! I'm not far from you. I know there is a weekly meet at the Fuzzy's off Debbie Ln, but can't remember the day it happen.

I didn't know thier was a fuzzys taco in south arlington?? I live like right off of 287 :) That'd be awesome

toomnymods 11-12-2013 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangmaster281 (Post 56182)
^ The meet dirtyD is talking about is on Saturdays and we have a thread for it in the events section if you have any questions. And welcome to the forum. We're actually meeting up this saturday if you wanna' join in for the fun, except it's not going to be at fuzzy's this week.

Yea I'd like to go but gotta see if the wife has anything planned already.. Are wifes welcome to come? will other wives be there for her to mingle with? just wondering I dont wanna bore her to tears with man talk,lol

03MachMe 11-12-2013 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toomnymods (Post 56185)
I'd definatly like to start doing autocross races, looks so fun I've never done one though S0 might be good for me to take some classes first? hate to look like the idiot out there. I'll be adding like 2k of BMR suspension/koni yellows in the next week or so, just trying to find someone to help me install it.

I'm actually installing yellows on my car this weekend. We are having a couple guys at my house to install some parts and you are welcome to join. I have installed suspension on a few guys cars on the site, it's not hard to do at all. And no need to take any classes just jump in and try it. You can have someone that has done it before ride with you till you get the hang of things to help you out. If you need any help just hit me up.

toomnymods 11-12-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 56188)
I'm actually installing yellows on my car this weekend. We are having a couple guys at my house to install some parts and you are welcome to join. I have installed suspension on a few guys cars on the site, it's not hard to do at all. And no need to take any classes just jump in and try it. You can have someone that has done it before ride with you till you get the hang of things to help you out. If you need any help just hit me up.

I'd love to come meet up with some guys to learn more about doing suspension mods. I'd like to pick your brain about driving this car in the autocross as well, so much I wanna learn. How do you do the suspension do you have a lift or just use jackstands? I live in a HOA so doing it at my house would definatly be outta the question. If you could help me you'd definatly be my new best friend haha, I just cant see spending 600 bucks to pay someone to do it when I used to do aircraft maintance in the marines for 8 years. To me that 600 in labor is a one piece DSS aluminum driveshaft which i definatly would love to throw in at the same time if possible. Trying to get all my supporting mods ready for slicks, so i can launch this biyotch at 5400 or so :) What time this weekend are you wanting to do your install? lemme know i'd like to come help :)

03MachMe 11-12-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toomnymods (Post 56192)
I'd love to come meet up with some guys to learn more about doing suspension mods. I'd like to pick your brain about driving this car in the autocross as well, so much I wanna learn. How do you do the suspension do you have a lift or just use jackstands? I live in a HOA so doing it at my house would definatly be outta the question. If you could help me you'd definatly be my new best friend haha, I just cant see spending 600 bucks to pay someone to do it when I used to do aircraft maintance in the marines for 8 years. To me that 600 in labor is a one piece DSS aluminum driveshaft which i definatly would love to throw in at the same time if possible. Trying to get all my supporting mods ready for slicks, so i can launch this biyotch at 5400 or so :) What time this weekend are you wanting to do your install? lemme know i'd like to come help :)

Damn your Hoa won't even let you work on your car? Damn that's some shit lol not sure exactly what time we will get started this weekend but you are more than welcome to come over and hang out. I'm out in wylie so it's quite the drive. I know at least Josh's wife will be here with my wife playing with the new baby so your wife is welcome as well. I don't pay anyone to work on my car unless it's something I absolutely can't do so we try and do almost anything ourselves. I haven't done a drive shaft yet but I'm pretty sure if we can install a blower on Josh's car we can figure it out lol. Just shoot me a pm with your number and I'll get you my address

Grandpa 11-12-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03MachMe (Post 56164)

Would be nice if this stuff got posted on the board! lol

DirtyD 11-12-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT (Post 56197)
Would be nice if this stuff got posted on the board! lol

Facebook. :p

Grandpa 11-12-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 56199)
Facebook. :p

Well that sucks everything gets posted there only. I guess maybe it's time to give up on the board then. :(