Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club

Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club (http://www.dfw50s.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.dfw50s.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Brake Pads for Daily Use (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=3603)

Dominic Toretto 02-05-2014 10:39 AM

Brake Pads for Daily Use

What are your recommendations and why?

-Alex

saunupe1911 02-05-2014 11:06 AM

Hawk or StopTech ceramic...low dust, low noise, and are strong for ceramics. StopTech ceramics could even do a few laps at the track and be ok afterwards.

StopTech normal brakes pad if you plan on doing any road course time....basically noiseless but have a lot of dust. You can bang on these all day in stop and go traffic on 100 degree days...trust me on that!!!

Hawk HPS...I run these in the rear. Very minimal dust for a mid range pad and noiseless in the rear. I've heard they are good in the fronts. Could do some light road course laps...but nothing aggressive.

Auto Anything has great prices on the pads all day long...and even better with their coupons. Just Google them

DirtyD 02-05-2014 11:30 AM

I plan on getting EBC Yellow stuff pads for mine. But also plan to do more AutoX action.

TrueStreetTim 02-05-2014 01:17 PM

I use EBC's on anything and everything. Daily or otherwise. That even includes my bicycles lol.

fordplay 02-06-2014 08:56 AM

Www.brakeperformance.com

DirtyD 02-06-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordplay (Post 63502)

I wasn't quite sure about their pads compared to others, so I didn't order them. I don't really want to be the guineau pig on brake pads.

Dominic Toretto 02-06-2014 11:02 AM

Thanks for the information guys! Tim, check your pm when you have a moment please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordplay (Post 63502)

Thanks for that site. Has anyone purchased their rotors or calipers? Haven't heard of this site before and don't feel like being the one to test the waters. Is everything their own brand or are they selling someone else's brand of rotors and pads?

-Alex

DirtyD 02-06-2014 11:12 AM

I have a set of their slotted rotors in my garage, just haven't had the chance to install them yet.

Crimson600+HP 02-06-2014 11:16 AM

I have only ran the stock brembo pads and Hawk HP+ pads. These pads have seen both time on the road and on the road course. The Brembo stuff did well on the road course, but the HP+ pads were alot better. However, the HP+ pads are REALLY noisy daily driving. Every stop you will get that peircing squeel. I am probably going to try EBC next, or maybe even CarboTech as they have the best stuff out there IMO (but very pricey).

Dominic Toretto 02-06-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 63511)
I have a set of their slotted rotors in my garage, just haven't had the chance to install them yet.

Derek if you happen to have a moment at some time, I'd appreciate a picture of the rotors if'n ya don't mind :). Just to get some detailed views. The pics on the site look great but, not sure if the actual product looks better/worse.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto 02-06-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP (Post 63512)
I have only ran the stock brembo pads and Hawk HP+ pads. These pads have seen both time on the road and on the road course. The Brembo stuff did well on the road course, but the HP+ pads were alot better. However, the HP+ pads are REALLY noisy daily driving. Every stop you will get that peircing squeel. I am probably going to try EBC next, or maybe even CarboTech as they have the best stuff out there IMO (but very pricey).

My car is non Brembo equipped. Would the pads fit my calipers, or would I need to upgrade to Brembo calipers to fit those pads?

-Alex

DirtyD 02-06-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 63515)
Derek if you happen to have a moment at some time, I'd appreciate a picture of the rotors if'n ya don't mind :). Just to get some detailed views. The pics on the site look great but, not sure if the actual product looks better/worse.

-Alex

They are still all black, because the Zinc coating won't come off until I install them and brake a few times.

I'll send you some pics tonight.

Dominic Toretto 02-06-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyD (Post 63518)
They are still all black, because the Zinc coating won't come off until I install them and brake a few times.

I'll send you some pics tonight.

Thanks man, really appreciate it.

-Alex

Crimson600+HP 02-06-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto (Post 63517)
My car is non Brembo equipped. Would the pads fit my calipers, or would I need to upgrade to Brembo calipers to fit those pads?

-Alex

They make them for the stock calipers too. Good brake pads are something many people just don't think about and don't need to unless they are running some sort of high performance driving over a sustained period of time. For daily driving, stock pads or a aftermarket ceramic is all you would need.

The stock brakes are actually pretty stout for an actuated style brakes. Throw a set of cooling ducts, SS lines, and DOT4 fluid and the stock system will handle a ton of punishment.

Plus, if money comes right you can pick up a set of GT500 6 piston take offs cheaper than it was to add on the Brembo Package 4 Piston set up on our GT's and Boss'. The brembo calipers usually share the same pads as the GT500 and Boss 302 models.

Dominic Toretto 02-06-2014 02:25 PM

Thanks Crimson, very good to know. I would like to upgrade the break system this year but, perhaps much later. When I got the car the braking I felt was extremely impressive, especially for a "heavy" car.

-Alex