View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #37
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
Steve. I totally understand your point but driving a car is not mistreating it. I love Mustangs. At the end of the day it's a Mustang. Heck, even if I had a Ferrari I doubt I would tape it up for a long trip.

It's a car. Not a piece of art. It would be like buying a camera and going, I really don't want to scratch the lens so I'm going to tape it up while I'm taking pictures. I clean my car about once a week. I keep my camera lens caps on at all times. I'm even super crazy when I swap lenses. I'll cap the camera even for about the 10 seconds it takes for me to swap lenses. No problem with taking care of your pride and joy but show that thing off if you're proud of it. Use it for what it's intended for.

Take care of it. Drive it hard, the way it's built and meant to be enjoyed.

I agree with you, but you're kind of missing my point too. Part of the enjoyment of the experience for me is keeping it nice. I drive my car quite often, granted I don't go very far typically, but thats because I don't leave my area of town very often because everything I need is here. No, I don't drive my car hard right now, but thats because it's slow and that will change here shortly. lol

Part of the enjoyment for me isn't just driving it, but taking care of it. I wipe my car down after everytime I drive it. I frequently will do so when I get to a parking lot or a gas station. I get that this is over the top for most people, especially for those of you who have to drive their cars everyday regardless of weather.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote