Thread: Exhaust Design
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #24
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
It was straight forward. When Nic and I did it, we did it in his driveway by ourselves, and didn't think of dropping the PHB support brace to allow clearance to slide the hangers in. We were finally able to get the muffler on but couldn't tighten the bolts that held the hanger bracket to the frame. So I took it to an exhaust shop the next day to have them help me out since it would be easier on a lift.

Well once everything was all good to go, the guy that put the OAP back on (they decided it was easier to remove it), I guess didn't realize that there's a reasoning to the guide being there. So now my driver side muffler has a slight downward angle, and sticks out a little further than the passenger...

I apologize for the big picture and thread jack, but in this picture, you can tell the difference...

Is it me or does that say 6.0 on the side? I think we have a traitor among us guys.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote