View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #15
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Yep. Everyone seems to have a gd hardon for eigth mile racing here. Damn tracks don't even exist in CA... Its like the rednecks are affraid their shitty cars will fall apart past 700 feet.

I find it completely unsatisfying to watch and espicially to race. But I also think its lame as hell NHRA only runs 1000 feet now because the old tracks aren't safe anymore. I'm not into the 330 foot racing crap, might as well just race 60 foot or reaction times.

I don't know why no one has Dallas Raceway host these events. I went yesterday and there were like 8-10 cars that raced ALL day... My friend Greg ran his 5.0 about 12 times with cool down time... Lol
1/8th, 1/4, roll racing, twisties, soap box derby cars, it's all fun. Different people are into different things.

1/8th mile tracks are more popular in the south for many reasons, they are smaller so easier to find locations for, cheaper to operate and honestly is more like stop light racing than anything else. Some people get just much of a charge from a launching a car from a dead stop as you do getting the top end rush of a high powered roll car.

Because there is more 1/8th mile tracks available here, people who want to race legally will tend to set their cars up for that more than anything else. Of all the options we have here in Texas, the 1/8th mile tracks are the closest and the cheapest to race at. The racing you like to do is the riskiest and the dumbest of all the choices. It's fun, but it really is stupid to do 150+mph on public highways.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote