View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #50
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Wow, shops just can't win on the internet.....

I'm not going to go into a long disscution on this because the flames are just going to get fueled.

Car was pulled in, fuel lines removed, injectors/rails were removed, new injectors installed, plugs were pulled, (plugs to be gapped for more nitrous) plugs reinstalled, fuel lines reinstalled. Tried starting car and and motor turned over two times then "clunk" we checked starter then decided to turn motor over by hand to check the flywheel to see if a piece had broke off. Motor would not budge. We pulled plugs again to check for a leaky injector, all cylinders were dry. Pulled valve covers to check timing chains/guides ect. All turned out just fine. Customer said he wants to pull the motor at this point and stroke it, and port heads. So we pulled the motor...... advised customer of what we have found.

Also I have been in contact with the two ford dealership we do business with (bob tomes and five star) bob tomes has had 3 motors with bent rods (two 2012 and one 2013) and five star has had one 2012.

Both of these dealers tell me that there customers had similar stories. Car ran and drove great. Next thing they know the car wont start......

There are other storie on the Internet of 5.0's and boss mustangs have similar issues.

here is a link to another site with 5.0s locking up

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t294722/

I'm sure we can not get all the Internet mechanics to believe us or the other car forums that are having similar issues with the 5.0's locking up but we have worked a special deal with the customer that he is happy with.

Last edited by TrueStreetMotorSports.com; 12-18-2012 at 12:30 AM.
TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote