View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #18
merlinmol

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
It's just my opinions from my research I have done talking to owners and shops that carry them. When I say unproven, I was referring to the new 5.0's and not their entire market. Information and tech is not as readily available for the Maggie as it is other kits simply because there isn't very many people running them. I gave both the negative and the positives of my opinions of the kit and you're focusing on the negative because you're taking personally. I think that anyone who is going to drop that kind of money on a kit should do their research of both the positives and the negatives. Get what you are looking for, but also be aware of the drawbacks.

The Maggie kit will make power, but it's NOT as efficient due to its packaging for ease of install. The Maggie kits do IN FACT have more heatsoak issues than other PD blowers due to the size of the intercooler. Your car makes 525rw on the first hit, I guarantee you it doesn't on the second. All kits have the positives as well as drawbacks. Prochargers make great power, but they also are more taxing on motors because they require more HP to turn them versus other centri blowers.

There is a reason why Ford deals with Roush, it's because it's a quality, durable product that makes great power. It's hard to argue that.
I understand what you were trying to say and I am being defensive because you make it sound like Maggie kits aren't as efficient, or have a harder time making power when they are practically the exact same. In fact, as far as I know, the VMP, Roush, and Maggie kits all use the exact same Eaton Rotors in their 2.3L superchargers. The heat exchanger/intercooler isn't going to be the real issue with heat soaking, granted a bigger one helps prolong it as much as possible. The biggest problem for heat soaking is because the coolant tanks are in the engine bay, either right next to the engine or right on top of the radiator. The only true way to keep from getting heat soaked is to move those tanks (and the pump) away from the engine bay.

By the way, that dyno sheet is from the 2nd pull, after the car was already retardedly hot and with the air temp being 90+ degrees with over 70% humidity.

Last edited by merlinmol; 04-18-2013 at 02:37 PM.
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote