View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #18
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by svt-eric View Post
yea i think imma get them! im getting my car ready for a car show i enter every year. i got 2nd place last year. im going for number one this year haha! im fixing to lower it a little more and get some nice rotor and powdercoat my calipers white. all the rest of the work will be easy. if i ever want to sell the wheels im sure they will sell quick!
Just a lil word of advice - If you want black centers, that is fine. But I would highly suggest getting polished lips like what is on Kevin's car. He has black centered TF Victories with a polished lip. (04sleeper) For multiple reasons really but the big one is that when rock chips hit your hoops(and they will), you can fix them yourself with some sandpaper and polish looking good as new. If your hoops/lips are all black they are going to show every blemish. You will still be able to fix the chip, but you might have black missing depending on the hit.

From a car show perspective - it depends on the show. Shows that are based on an open vote, all black wheels do better there but shows where there are actual judges they don't do as well. The "murdered out" look is falling from favor the last couple of years. Judges are looking for attention to detail and a look that some thought was put into it. Going with black centers and a polished lips will give it some contrast breaking the tires from the wheels.

Kevin (04sleeper) is a rep for True Forged wheels and can help you place your order and get the offset look you are looking for your car.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote