View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #63
Luke

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
When it comes to oil it's real simple. Weight grade and service requirement. The oil molecules themselves do not wear out. The additives do. Like I stated before, it is the oil recommended by Ferrari after they closed their deal with Mobil. Actually Monil is considered to not be one of the best. I've hear equal amounts of stories about other brands of oils and its just that....stories.
"Paraffin is the proper organic chemistry word for aliphatic hydrocarbons...more commonly known as oil. It is also the correct name for wax and candles. But there is as much difference between paraffin wax and paraffin oil as there is between a chestnut horse and a horse chestnut. They just aint the same thing. Don't matter whether you're talking about Pennzoil, Castrol, Valvoline or your wife's Christmas candles. If you like Pennzoil, use it worry free"
Once again there aren't any bad oil as they all have to meet the service requirements set forth by the gov't. Synthetic is better then conventional is about the only truth.

I'm not trying to discredit you in any way but where do you get your info, I may as well do some more reading. Just seems when you see results from oil samples done by a third party that actually show differences between brands, it seems hard to believe they are all the same. But like I said earlier, for vehicles not being beat on, they will all do the job, some just do it better than others.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote