Thread: Garage Mancave
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #50
Dan12GT

So since we are on the garage talk i'd like some opinions / suggestions. My wife and I are about to close on a house in Roanoke and I am trying to plan out the garage. The garage is 20x22 if I recall, i'd have to re-measure / check the documents again to know the exact measurements. It's basically a typical 2 car single door garage. We added the additional 2 feet of depth for some extra space. I won't have the money to make it into a man cave from the start so it will be a work in progress as the years progress.

The main initial items I want to address are floor coatings, a good sized air compressor, and work bench. I figured I'd do the floor right after we close while it is clean / empty and has time to cure. I've had friends that have done the do-it-yourself kits and their floors turned out great. Anyone have suggestions on what kits to buy and from where? Any technical details to know?

The work bench I will do probably a bit later when I know how big I can go. I've really been thinking of just building my own bench really.

Air Compressor would be next. I have a good amount of garage attic so moving the compressor up there and running the lines down is probably where I will go with that. Any suggestions on brands / sizes, etc?

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote