View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #20
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Dang, those are almost numbers from an Auto. Did they give you a print out of the dyno graph? Wonder what type of dyno it is.

All I did was just give him an estimate in both corrected forms. That's all. He asked about PEAK numbers, I answered his question. I know the track is where you put those numbers to the test, troll.

I don't get why you get so damn uptight about it.
I'm not uptight about it, you arguement just doesn't make any sense. Grilling someone over STD or SAE doesn't really matter. Depending on the air, temp, humidity or whatever else those numbers are nullified on any given day. Manual or auto, big convertor/small convertor etc. There is so many ways that can be manipulated it's crazy.

What matters is performance and having all the parts in a set up that work together in a efficient manner. A car make numbers to the moon, but it doesn't use them with the proper powerband, gearing etc for how it's intended on being used, then the numbers are useless.

How many times have you seen a car make really low numbers, but down some crazy ET times at the track? It's because the combo works together.

The same can be said for some high number dyno queens - why is it they can spin the rollers to a crazy number, but yet they get out on the street and get drug dirty by cars making much less? Because the setup doesn't work.

That is the point I'm making to you. The ONLY numbers that matter on a dyno is the A/F while tuning.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote