View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #75
White_lightning

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
Lol, its all good man. Its general discussion
i'll admit im a bench racer.. I analyze and analyze the data im provided.. It works for me... some other ppl dont care about the dyno at all and just go to the track Which is awesome too. I'm not a track person so it means nothing to me.

here are a few standard things i like with the dyno.

Pick a place. And dyno your car there every time. some dynos vary up to 10%.. so a mod that might gain you 20-30 hp might show NO effect at all moving dyno to dyno.
Stick to SAE.. Some shops put the output in STD to boost number and "make the customer fell happier"..

here is an example.. with headers/CAI/tune my car made 431/421 Uncorrected.. SAE was 435/425 and STD was 445/434... 9 rwhp isnt really that much of a difference.. but on that day the 2 correction factors were CLOSE since as you can see the uncorrected was almost the same as SAE.

with the first blower and stock motor.. Uncorrected was 760/645.. SAE was 779/662 and STD was 794/675.

Another thing that i like to do is get the dyno files. bring a little flash drive with and have them copy the files over for you. I have almost every single dyno i have done on my car and it is usefull when comparing one mod to another.

again.... i have been acused of being a bench racer and a sandbagger, but clearly my tools are working for me