View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #11
Toby

Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
75w90 gear oil...? I'm pretty sure these cars call for 75w-140 gear oil specifically to quiet down the gear noises associated with 3.73 and numerically higher ratio's.

Also, some shops or mechanics will try to save themselves or customers money re-using the Inner Pinion Bearing and Race, and even sometimes the crush sleeve. I don't care if my car had 200-miles on it when getting a gear swap, a new Inner Pinion bearing is getting installed, regardless of the tools or confidence of the shop and/or mechanic. These few new additional parts cost only $75.00 at the most, and could be the difference between a happy or unhappy customer.

FYI - I have no knowledge of TrueStreet, their reputation, expertise on gear changes, or how they do anything. My comments are simply in reflection of my personal preference. I buy my own parts and watch the mechanic do the install, or it doesn't get done.
We have used 75-90 in every set of gears we install with 0 issues of noise. This is actually the first set of gears I have installed that I have been told about making any noise even as minor as this. Also with all new mustangs we always replace the inner pinion bearing with a new one. We keep at least 5 on them in stock.. Most of the time when you try and remove the inner bearing, the case that holds the bearings in place will either get damaged or stretched to where the bearings are now loose, thus the reason for replacing them. Also note that every set of ford racing gears include a new pinion nut and crush sleeve that MUST ALWAYS be replaced with any gear job regardless of any situation!

redredemption we will see you soon to get this guy torn apart to see what is going on!
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote