View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #87
Toby

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
d1 > p1..
While I do agree, on these cars a p1 is plenty of blower to destroy the shortblock.

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
umm.. my d1 was rock sold.. i dont know a single person who has ever had an issue with a procharger.....ever..
This^^^ also let me add that I always suggest an sc head unit and just change the oil in it. It's not that difficult, and if changing the oil every 6k miles is a headache, then you need to buy a Prius and find another hobby..

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I know you do this stuff everyday, but I dunno about 100% reliable with "mid to upper 600's". These motors really seem to be hit and miss with the power they can handle. Some be able to handle a bunch of power for awhile, others like Danny's pop stock. I appreciate your input though.

Ok then mid to lower 600's... These motors can take 630-660 stock with 0 issues in the right hands. They are just like any other engine out there, maintenance is key. As is not goin out in the middle of the summer and making 5,6,7,8 highway hits back to back to back. Make 2-3 hits an let it cool down. It is a machine and can only take so much abuse... Otherwise pony up an get ready to spend some big bucks.

Power is so easy to make these days, people think that they can add a bunch of parts, make a bizillion hp and drive it like they stole it every time and all the time they are behind the wheel. I don't give a shit what brand size or type of engine you have, it will not hold together making huge hp and dogging it every chance you get. Components get hot, metal expands an contracts then you have problems.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote