View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #77
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
I doubt it cause I broke those 235's loose going hwy speeds when I slammed it in 3rd.
QFT. 70 roll. LOL

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
A wider contact patch doesn't "soak up" power. It just creates a higher friction force of which the car has to overcome. The power output is the same. As long as the wheels being compared are close to the same overall diameter, the effective gear ratio will be unchanged, thus negligible tq "loss."

Your wheel barrow example doesn't apply here. They are designed to work with a skinny tire to provide the ability to lean as they turn/pivot.

A wagon would be a better example to compare with a car.

A larger tire gives you a larger area in which to spread the load. This means the object will handle better because the weight ir more distributed on the tire surface, making it handle more precisely. The only difference having a 235 on a wheel barrow would make would be the rolling resistance, but once it is rolling, you wouldn't be able to tell the 235 and 295 apart.
Lot more can go into that but yea pretty much.
Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
How the fuck did we get to how stock rims are better then 20" rims from whats the difference in year models?
Because 5.0 racecar.
Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Rotating mass if a big deal. The less weight you have to rotate means the motor will rev higher since the work being supplied to turn it is less, giving the motor more power to push itself forward and accelerate.
You dont say?
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote