View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #402
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
It doesn't matter what I think, as long as you are happy with it is what matters. It's just my opinion.

As I said, it's relative to what each individual thinks is fast or what they want. It's my opinion from being exposed around other friends, I don't think a 600-800rw car that weighs more than 3400lbs is "fast". It's a fun, quick street car certainly but not "fast". It's enough to win most of your races while cruising around town running into random people, but if you go to car meets with other car people are to race, chances are at 600-800rw you're not the fastest car at the meet.

We're spoiled these days. Years ago my 93 540rw Cobra was a fast car when most foxes were bolt-on cars running low 13's- mid 12's. Blower cars weren't all that common. Now, hell, if you aren't making at least 1000rw you aren't even competitive with all the street monsters running around the DFW area. lol.

It's all relative bro. Don't take it personally.
How often do you run into those street monsters on the road? Pretty much never unless its at a car meet like you said. So when my car is all said and done I'm sure just crusing around I won't have any problems beating people. But I'm sure ill get caught off guard and find one of these street monsters as you put it and just crush me. Which is fine by me.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote