View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #413
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Yes. It was a plated coupe, carb'd car, stripped down to nothing. Ran into the 9's at the track, but felt like you were going to die if you tried to turn too fast on the street on front runners, no sway bar etc. Of course, we're talking the mid 90's too. lol.

Oh yeah, try that with a smaller displacement 4v car rather than 40+ more cubes pushrod motor. lol.

It is unique, I've given you that several times. I've said your car is cool as the other side of the pillow. You aren't hated on. Your smack talk and hypothetical bench racing is what got all this going. You should just stick what you know for sure - 508-525 whatever you want to call it and realize racing is run what you bring. Not pick your races by mod for mod crap. That's silly.

LOL, so not true.

Yeahhh buddddddddy!

I think you're doing all right. Certainly not in much risk of losing races at random meets. Now, TI or DR gtg, might be a lil different. You still have the Dirty Bird to contend with! lmao.

You're the one taking it as an argument. It's a discussion as far as I'm concerned. I gave my opinion on it, you wanted to argue my opinion is wrong.

Exactly.

LMAO@ the 2nd part. You sick in the head, Donnie!

You'll beat most 5.0's around on motor unless they are boosted. Hell, you might even beat a few boosted ones. You and Merlin would be a good race your motor to his blower.

LOL, I tried to tell you to go from a lower roll. I called that one.

Yup. Neon's aint shit from a dig or low roll. But they can shit and get on the big end with the turbo upgrades. Nick got hustled, no biggie. That's street racing. At least he had the balls to give it a shot rather than bench race it to death first to know if it was worthy of his gas or not! lmao.

Got nuts for racing but look like a fool for racing someone with a lot more power. Ahhhhh now I get y'all.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote