View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #5
Varilux

I had asked one of the service reps how much the install charge would be before ordering the Procal, and he said- "The minimum charge would probably be an hour- so around $110... unless it goes an hour and a half, in which case it'd be $180."

When I showed up this morning, the rep that took the keys said "Our normal charge is $232"
to which I said "the other rep said $110-180,"
to which he said "it all depends on how long it takes."

When I picked up the car, sure enough the bill was $232, which I told the rep was crazy considering I could have installed the tune myself in 20 minutes. He just said "that's our normal charge."

So fine, end of the day Sam Pack of Lewisville ripped me off for about $116. I had planned on having future service done by them (and will also be buying an F150 for the wife next Spring). Now I'll just drive up to Utter Ford rather than Sam Pack for future service and purchases. Oh, and for that measly $116 they have turned a customer who has given positive reviews of their dealership to friends and coworkers into someone who will do everything I can to make sure no one I know purchases as much as an air filter from them ever.

'65 Coupe Silver Smoke Grey, Red interior, 200 I-6, T-5spd
'03 Convertible Silver Metallic, grey interior, V6
'14 GT Coupe, Sterling Gray, Brick Red interior, 5.0, 6M
Varilux is offline   Reply With Quote